Ty Tabor Kings X tone

Love this patch! I especially dig the Dogman tone, because I've already got the Gretchen preset from your pack.

I've only used it with headphones so far. It's really satisfying my Kings X sweet tooth. I'll try it on the CLR on Tuesday. Thank you @Sixstring

After playing through the CLR, I wound up bringing down the low cut from around 140hz to 40hz. Added a little more beef to the tone.

Are single coils critical to Kings X tones?

They sound so heavy I figured they had to be humbuckers

Are single coils critical to Kings X tones?

They sound so heavy I figured they had to be humbuckers
Pretty sure Ty has use a single coil for most of his career. He was using SD P-Rails for a while to cover more sonic ground but for the early stuff it's a must.

Interesting. I need to check this out, I have an early 80s Fender Elite Strat, same model Ty used for the earlier albums. Just by itself and whatever amp I use, the guitar's electronics really provide a LOT of "that" tone already, so a model of his actual rig might get this really close. Now I just need his hands :D.

Interesting. I need to check this out, I have an early 80s Fender Elite Strat, same model Ty used for the earlier albums. Just by itself and whatever amp I use, the guitar's electronics really provide a LOT of "that" tone already, so a model of his actual rig might get this really close. Now I just need his hands :D.

Give it a shot! You might need to tune the EQ to fit the Elite and you monitoring solution a little but gain structure and effects get really close for the early stuff!

The preset was built using a CLR so wether i'm playing it live or play back it sounds the same as it should. The recording was direct through the interface of the PreSonus studio live AR8 board and the accompanying software PreSouns Capture 2, so nothing really fancy here.

I'm having issues with this preset. When importing, I get an error message stating that there is nowhere to set the IRs, and then when I try to manually disengage the rotary, it informs me that there is a modifier that is preventing me from doing so... Any insights on these issues? Thanks.

Not quite sure whats going on with the cab block, I just used the Factory Hi-Ultra-Res F0 23 I/R with the low cut set to 105 Hz and the high cut set to 7k.

To disconnect the modifier for the rotary rate and bypass mode, In AX8 edit go to the modifier page by right clicking on the modifier icon for the modifier controls, indicated with the [ ] and selecting None for the source in the source menu. If you want to keep the effect you will have to assign it to a foot switch other wise just delete it.

Back
Top Bottom