Moog Sub 37 and Axe-Fx III

JB1985

Starting a new thread here (i think)- Wondering if any of the forum members use the Axe III with synthesizers. If so, whats your preferred method to hook it up (instrument input on the front, stereo or mono in the back etc), what kind of presets have you created (what amp cab effects combos have worked nicely) and what kind of crazy sounds have you come up with?

I use the III with a full collection of synths. I typically run mono in (INPUT 3) and route to output 1 in stereo. The possibilities are endless. I don't even think about it in terms of presets, rather, "what would sound cool right about now?" One of my favorite synths to connect at the moment is my tandem Oberheim Matrix 1000s. Try the 8-voice plex detune, mono tape echo, reverb, and even synthy effects like filters and sequenced gates.

I use the III with a full collection of synths. I typically run mono in (INPUT 3) and route to output 1 in stereo. The possibilities are endless. I don't even think about it in terms of presets, rather, "what would sound cool right about now?" One of my favorite synths to connect at the moment is my tandem Oberheim Matrix 1000s. Try the 8-voice plex detune, mono tape echo, reverb, and even synthy effects like filters and sequenced gates.

And you think you can just wing that out there and not let us hear/see some example!! LOL!

M@...... we really need to start hearing/seeing some of your mojo in action my friend!

So to put my two cents in- I was messing around today running my moog sub 37 into the front instrument jack, mono (unfortunately) into my line 6 powercab 112....dude....the high quality chorus, flanger and delay effects on the III coupled with the synth growl of the sub 37...I was in heaven! I did notice when I was done tho, a fan noise in the III that I didn’t hear previously...like a slight humming...that’s nothing to worry about, is it?

I use the XL with guitars and synths. I run synths into the back especially as my Buchla 200e is equipped with multiple stereo outputs.

I use the XL with guitars and synths. I run synths into the back especially as my Buchla 200e is equipped with multiple stereo outputs.
That’s one area the sub 37 is lacking in- it only has one audio out. I’d love to run that bad boy stereo.

You’ll just have to fake it.
A Moog doesn’t really require true stereo outs in the majority of user cases. The width, when warranted, can be added via something like a Fractal! Perfect application and no different from guitar in that way, really.

Back
Top Bottom