AX-8 Firmware Version 10.00

Little bug?

I was making two very similar presets to try onstage. Bank 33, presets 7 and 8.

When I hit F1 the screen showed Bank 1, instead of Bank 33. I tried several times.

Then I switched off and on the AX8 and the problem was gone: F1 goes to Bank 33, as expected. Not very important for me.

And... Let me tell you... I wake up, make a fruit juice... Then some coffee... I switch on my AX8 and... Life is so sweet in my own little bubble..!

Thank you again!!!!

Last edited:
I updated to 10.0 (from RC2) and it seems that my Mono Digital Delay is different. I now wave to turn my Feedback down to very low numbers (like 1 or 2) to get 2 or three repeats, and the Mix down to a lower percentage by 10 or 20%. I tried reloading the FW with the same results. Anyone else notice anything different with the delay?

I updated to 10.0 (from RC2) and it seems that my Mono Digital Delay is different. I now wave to turn my Feedback down to very low numbers (like 1 or 2) to get 2 or three repeats, and the Mix down to a lower percentage by 10 or 20%. I tried reloading the FW with the same results. Anyone else notice anything different with the delay?
There were no changes to any of the effects. Sounds like you have the delay before the amp. This is normal behavior when putting a delay before a distorted (and therefore compressing) amp.

it should make no difference. i was just reporting my experience, not a bug. just install it.
Hi Chris! I experimented the same you reported. How do you usually fix that? Do you reduce a little bit the Level knob in front of the unit, or reduce the cab level or other...?
By the way I am loving this firmware!!! Just awesome!!!

Just thought I'd chime in... finally decided to update my AX8... when Fractal Bot was doing it's thing I noticed that the version I was running was like 8.2 or 8.4 or something... can't believe it had been that long since I'd really done anything with my unit in terms of updates and what not... I wonder what type of improvements I'll be in for now!?!? :D ... Didn't have much time to play with it last night, but it still sounded great to me!

Hi Chris! I experimented the same you reported. How do you usually fix that? Do you reduce a little bit the Level knob in front of the unit, or reduce the cab level or other...?
By the way I am loving this firmware!!! Just awesome!!!
As always, adjust the Level parameter in the amp block.

Finally after last minute cancellations among band members, I got to rehearse with the v10.0 firmware... wow!
I love what was done in terms of CPU load reduction and switching times and you guys were right.
Most of my presets have reduced CPU usage and in some of my more complicated presets, latency is definitely down.
What did you guys do? Write some parts of the new firmware in assembler? Wow!

Mentioned last week I was going to try my new Headrush FRFR 12 speaker at my next rehearsal so the following is my opinion:

Managed to compare my JBL EON 610 speakers (2) to my single new Headrush FRFR speaker tonight.
IMHO, this is a great speaker and absolutely best bang for the buck. Have owned unpowered Peaveys, EV ZLX12, Alto SXM12, and now JBL EON 610. Actually, they are all part of my personal PA rig with only the Alto and JBLs still kicking around.

My own ears prefer the extra depth, punch and clarity of the Headrush FRFR over all the others. Oh yeah... and LOUD.
My AX8 rig will definitely stay with the Headrush from this day forward.

Absolute bonus getting both the V10.0 software and a new speaker to boot.

Finally after last minute cancellations among band members, I got to rehearse with the v10.0 firmware... wow!
I love what was done in terms of CPU load reduction and switching times and you guys were right.
Most of my presets have reduced CPU usage and in some of my more complicated presets, latency is definitely down.
What did you guys do? Write some parts of the new firmware in assembler? Wow!

Mentioned last week I was going to try my new Headrush FRFR 12 speaker at my next rehearsal so the following is my opinion:

Managed to compare my JBL EON 610 speakers (2) to my single new Headrush FRFR speaker tonight.
IMHO, this is a great speaker and absolutely best bang for the buck. Have owned unpowered Peaveys, EV ZLX12, Alto SXM12, and now JBL EON 610. Actually, they are all part of my personal PA rig with only the Alto and JBLs still kicking around.

My own ears prefer the extra depth, punch and clarity of the Headrush FRFR over all the others. Oh yeah... and LOUD.
My AX8 rig will definitely stay with the Headrush from this day forward.

Absolute bonus getting both the V10.0 software and a new speaker to boot.

The Headrush is the same as the Alto TS312, right?

The Headrush is the same as the Alto TS312, right?

Excellent point! Basically, it is visually identical to the TS212 however looking at the specs of the TS312, they match the Headrush.
Pretty much the same price as well.

I was not aware of the Alto TS3xx series and have owned for a very short period of time an Alto TS112 which I did not like. I put a deposit on the Headrush when they first announced them back in March and only got it at the beginning of August.

Looking at the Headrush, it was obvious that the same guys making Alto & Alesis were probably making them too and I was aware of that.

Perhaps digging deeper into the specs will determine whether the FRFR12 or Alto TS312 are exact replicas of each other with only badge engineering.

In any event, the Headrush sounded better than my JBL EONs which were more expensive. I doubt some of the higher end speakers such as QSC dot2 series, RCF, in addition to Atomic have little to worry about. I go back to what I say in "bang for the buck".

As a weekly "jamming" guitarist who does maybe 6 to 10 gigs a year, my initial impressions were great. Not worth spending double to get marginally better sound.

Besides, at age 59 and playing since I was a kid, my tinnitus-free yet somewhat eroded hearing likes what it hears.

Anyone else having this issue with the 10.0 or beta versions like me?

- When I plug the AX8 to my computer via USB after 30s-1min or so all of a sudden the AX8 will completely freeze and turn off the amp/cab and all effects and the right side will be crazy loud clipping the preamps on my interface
- It's done this with all of the beta 10 firmware and the new 10.0 version.
- Never did this when I was on 9
- I have no idea why it would go louder on one output as I have them completely equal
- Turning the AX8 off and on fixes it, but it happens every time I have the usb connected to the AX8
- Order of plugging in and starting laptop and ax8 does not matter
- Does not happen when a usb cable is ONLY plugged into ax8, only when connected to computer
- Does not matter if AX8 edit is open or not
- plugging in stereo via two XLR's to a Apogee Duet
-2017 15" MacBook Pro with the USB-C ports on 10.13.6 OS

@jholt you seem to be the first person to report this. Any chance you can try it with another computer? Same problem if you use another computer?

Excellent point! Basically, it is visually identical to the TS212 however looking at the specs of the TS312, they match the Headrush.
Pretty much the same price as well.

I was not aware of the Alto TS3xx series and have owned for a very short period of time an Alto TS112 which I did not like. I put a deposit on the Headrush when they first announced them back in March and only got it at the beginning of August.

Looking at the Headrush, it was obvious that the same guys making Alto & Alesis were probably making them too and I was aware of that.

Perhaps digging deeper into the specs will determine whether the FRFR12 or Alto TS312 are exact replicas of each other with only badge engineering.

In any event, the Headrush sounded better than my JBL EONs which were more expensive. I doubt some of the higher end speakers such as QSC dot2 series, RCF, in addition to Atomic have little to worry about. I go back to what I say in "bang for the buck".

As a weekly "jamming" guitarist who does maybe 6 to 10 gigs a year, my initial impressions were great. Not worth spending double to get marginally better sound.

Besides, at age 59 and playing since I was a kid, my tinnitus-free yet somewhat eroded hearing likes what it hears.

Good to know. I was going to ask how it compared to the JBL EON. I'll have to try the Headrush out.

Back
Top Bottom