NGD - PRS content

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I've been an Ibanez guy for a long time, and was about to pull the trigger on the new AZ242 in Tequila Sunrise Gradient (which looks and sounds amazing) but the neck thickness is just too chunky for someone who plays original Wizard necks for two decades+.

The other day my buddy from work went to a local shop to try out a PRS S2 and a CE-24.

I liked the CE and started poking around Reverb.

Found this beauty and did a bit of haggling to get the price down to the same as the new Ibanez:

Paul Reed Smith PRS 2016 Dark Cherry Sunburst CE 24 W/Original Gig Bag Ce24 https://applink.reverb.com/item/110...cherry-sunburst-ce-24-w-original-gig-bag-ce24

Should be here in a few days :D

PRSforum.jpg Congrats man. I'm in the same boat, been playing a high end neck thru Ibanez J-Craft for a couple years for my E tuning songs. Been longing for a heftier body more Les Paul build. Not that the J-Craft isn't hefty its mahogany wings maple top and 5 piece maple walnut neck. My other guitar player uses off brand Les Pauls. So last week I was drooling over a 2014 PRS Custom 24 with Floyd Rose on eBay that I have been looking at for months and my brother was looking over my shoulder. My parents are 91 and both in bad shape so I haven't been working so I can keep an eye on there needs.

Out of the blue an hour later my brother is all pissed off because his bank called with a suspicious charge on his credit card. Another hour goes by and he says to me you know that phone call from the bank I got. well I ordered that guitar for you it will be here Thursday. Holy shit balls can't believe he did that but I sure am glad he did. I will pay him back when I get back to work but I'm still in shock $2,995.00.

View attachment 48944 Congrats man. I'm in the same boat, been playing a high end neck thru Ibanez J-Craft for a couple years for my E tuning songs. Been longing for a heftier body more Les Paul build. Not that the J-Craft isn't hefty its mahogany wings maple top and 5 piece maple walnut neck. My other guitar player uses off brand Les Pauls. So last week I was drooling over a 2014 PRS Custom 24 with Floyd Rose on eBay that I have been looking at for months and my brother was looking over my shoulder. My parents are 91 and both in bad shape so I haven't been working so I can keep an eye on there needs.

Out of the blue an hour later my brother is all pissed off because his bank called with a suspicious charge on his credit card. Another hour goes by and he says to me you know that phone call from the bank I got. well I ordered that guitar for you it will be here Thursday. Holy shit balls can't believe he did that but I sure am glad he did. I will pay him back when I get back to work but I'm still in shock $2,995.00.
Nice - would love one with a Floyd but the good ones are more than I want to spend. Yours looks great!

Nice brother... Unfortunately my siblings could never afford such a luxury :(

Very-Nice! :) ...Congrats and Enjoy!

...A PRS is on my-own bucket-list. Hanging with those who know, there’s no real-need to explain why. :cool: ..the Wife tho’!? ..still working on my phrasing!

:( ...AwWwwWw...Pleeeeeease can I get one :oops: “ ...:rolleyes: ..nope! “...Hey bitc..” :eek: ..Nope!!

Meh ...I’ll figure it out one of these days, then a PRS I will have... :D

My main #1 guitar is a 2001 CE24 in Platinum Metallic. I've had it for over 15 years, and still love it. I was glad when PRS started making CE24's again, but I haven't had a chance to play one of the new ones.

No such thing as a "bad PRS". Has the tide turned on your Ibanez convictions? I hope so! I am, of course, highly biased towards the PRSi. ;)

No such thing as a "bad PRS". Has the tide turned on your Ibanez convictions? I hope so! I am, of course, highly biased towards the PRSi. ;)
Not really, but the consideration of a non locking nut, traditional-ish trem for the AZ series made me think I should broaden my horizons.

Plus, playing one in person that didn't have a painted neck let me know I enjoy a PRS. Plus, I much favor bolt on necks...

We'll see...this is the most expensive guitar I've ever purchased. I can get the best of the best from late 80s Ibanez under $500 all day long ;)

I'm also hoping (and my wife!) that this isn't a gateway guitar :D

I have an early 90’s CE24 named Bluella. She is the most sonically expressive guitar I ever owned. I used her a lot on the Touch The Sky Volume II album. You can hear her sing on the track The Endgame. She gave me the best note I ever played on that song. It’s just guitar heaven for me. My guitar segue starts at the 5 minute point. You can check it out on Supernal Endgame “The Endgame “. That’s Bluella on the entire track including the solo at the end of the song.

https://m.soundcloud.com/johneargle/10-the-endgame

Last edited:
I have an early 90’s CE24 named Bluella. She is the most sonically expressive guitar I ever owned. I used her a lot on the Touch The Sky Volume II album. You can hear her sing on the track The Endgame. She gave me the best note I ever played on that song. It’s just guitar heaven for me. My guitar segue starts at the 5 minute point. You can check it out on Supernal Endgame “The Endgame “. That’s Bluella on the entire track including the solo at the end of the song.

https://m.soundcloud.com/johneargle/10-the-endgame
The guitar around 5:30 sounds like it's got synth blended in. Does it?

Nice guitar tones throughout! Axe Fx?

Reminds me a bit of Neal Morse Band.

The guitar around 5:30 sounds like it's got synth blended in. Does it?

Nice guitar tones throughout! Axe Fx?

Reminds me a bit of Neal Morse Band.
No synth. Just Bluella. That’s why I love her so. I used her on the rhythm tracks as well.

I recorded the song using my Ultra. I recorded the entire album using the Ultra except for the acoustic and nylon string tracks.

:( . ...... She’s not that kinda girl. Y’see ..where I screwed up? ..I bought her a nice new car a while back and didn’t even think to sliiiiiiiide in a nice, new, PRS in the afterglow of that heroic-type gesture.

Flowers? Like yer thinkin’, but ...she’d just kick my ass that much harder, that much longer, for going cheap on the blatant emotional manipulation.

My fault - I know - for marrying a smart one. :rolleyes: :D

Back
Top Bottom