AX-8 Firmware Version 10.00

Installing FW10 over RC2, my main preset Amp levels were 4-10 dB too loud and clipped the unit until I reduced them. Using the USA Pre Clean and MK II C++, I believe (already packed up for the gig).
I did not get it right. Do you believe that it would be better to install FW 10 from the previous 9.4 version (for example) instead from RC 2?

I did not get it right. Do you believe that it would be better to install FW 10 from the previous 9.4 version (for example) instead from RC 2?
it should make no difference. i was just reporting my experience, not a bug. just install it.

Spent a solid session with Q10 today.
I solidified my rig a few months ago on 8.02 : AX8 > Carvin TS100 > GFlex 212.
Patches based off '59SLP X clean / Y dirty with various scenes.
Just messed around with the Friedman 2018, '59 SLP, Fender Twin, Bogner Blue and Red (Modern) all direct thru my Yamaha DBR12.
Settled on a new OH IR from the MRBW GNR M25 pack, GNR OH3F 05 (i think), for the Marshall type rigs and the stock 212 verb cab for the Fenders.
Simply outstanding. It has me questioning the need for my traditional rig.
Going to test the waters with a mates CLR, will be interesting to hear the difference between the DBR and the CLR.
I very well could be ALL in.
o_O:D

The AX8 has been mind blowing from day 1. 9.04 was great, 10 is just fantastic and the AX8 is just beyond my wildest dreams. I wanna go out a buy an Axe-FX III - not because I need one. Not because I could even use one (well actually I could!) but purely because....I want MORE gimme gimme gimme MORE

Thanks so much FAS, you've made me so happy all I wanna do is play my guitar ;)

Possible bug?

I installed last night and was changing between my main 4 presets (with ax8edit and footswitches) and when I returned to preset #1 they was a odd buzzing kinda like the noise gate was off? No matter what I done it didn't stop, until I changed presets and came back to #1. I couldn't get it to happen again so I suspect something to do with ax8 edit?

Installed last night - after the install the Enter and Exit buttons wouldn't work on the unit - had to use the footswitches. For example, I went into the settings and used rotary E to switch to I/O - once there hitting the Enter button wouldn't get me into the menu - I had to use footswitch 2. The Exit button also wouldn't work. I restarted and things seem to be back to normal. Not a major deal since it seems fine, just reporting it in case someone else sees the same thing.

As others have said - huge thank you and hats off to the FAS team and all of you that jumped right in immediately to help beta test and give us all such an amazing piece of equipment. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom