Fractal Whammy issue

ericswim

I have tried numerous times with the main video to setup the fractal w an expression pedal (mission) to use a whammy with. I can not get it to work even after following the video step by step. Any clue why it isn't working? Could it possibly be the pedal? I've literally never used the pedal until trying to get this to work but bought it new so that shouldn't be it. Getting frustrated that I can't get this to work when it should be simple.

Most expression pedals with any brand require a TRS cable. Line6 is one of the few that use a TS. Pretty sure the User Manual mentions it, and probably the video you watched. What video did you watch?

are you using a stereo (TRS) cable?

I just went out and got the TRS cable and still no luck. One thing I am noticing and I don't know why it is like that, but going off of his video when I go in and manually edit the mix edit modifier the yellow circle on his video is at the bottom of the 90 degree angle grid. Mine is staying at the top and i don't know if that's what is causing it and making the pedal activated all the time. Any clue why this still isn't working?

I just went out and got the TRS cable and still no luck. One thing I am noticing and I don't know why it is like that, but going off of his video when I go in and manually edit the mix edit modifier the yellow circle on his video is at the bottom of the 90 degree angle grid. Mine is staying at the top and i don't know if that's what is causing it and making the pedal activated all the time. Any clue why this still isn't working?
If you move the pedal does that dot move?

I'll be pretty frustrated if it is the pedal because it was brand new but I bought 3 years ago so won't be able to return it.

the mission pedal I have has 2 outputs and 1 input. Could that be the issue that there isn't an expression spot to plug in? And I'm trying to use a pedal that won't work for what I'm trying to do.

the mission pedal I have has 2 outputs and 1 input. Could that be the issue that there isn't an expression spot to plug in? And I'm trying to use a pedal that won't work for what I'm trying to do.
What model is the pedal you have?

Sounds like you bought a Volume Pedal. a Volume Pedal only controls analog

you want an Expression Pedal.

Can’t you use an insert cable for a volume pedal? I swear I did that before with the Ernie ball volume pedals...
Unless I’m thinking about one of my previous rigs...

Last edited:
Also, if that's the case is there any reason for me to have the mission pedal that can be used with the fractal

This is the pedal I got. Let me know guessing this isn't compatible to run a whammy or control delay etc. like I'm looking for and I need the fractal expression pedal that's in the video. If you can, let me know what this pedal can be used for with the fractal so I can either utilize it or sell it. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0596-1.jpeg
    IMG_0596-1.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 35
Also, if that's the case is there any reason for me to have the mission pedal that can be used with the fractal

This is the pedal I got. Let me know guessing this isn't compatible to run a whammy or control delay etc. like I'm looking for and I need the fractal expression pedal that's in the video. If you can, let me know what this pedal can be used for with the fractal so I can either utilize it or sell it. Thanks!

Take a pic of the label at the front of the pedal. The tops all look the same...

Or just type what it says...

Back
Top Bottom