Axe-Edit III 0.07.30 Public Beta

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
A new version of Axe-Edit III public beta is now available.

If you are running version 0.05.07 or greater then you can auto-update to the new version. Earlier versions of Axe-Edit III will need to use the links below.

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-OSX-v0p07p30-public-beta.dmg

WINDOWS
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/Axe-Edit-III/beta/Axe-Edit-III-Win-v0p07p30-public-beta.exe

Release Notes:

REQUIRES Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.13 or newer.
After installing Axe-Edit III, please select "Refresh after new FW" from the Settings menu to have to access to the latest parameters.

* Corrected the block editor window to hide the channel buttons if the selected block has only one channel (such as TONEMATCH).

* Corrected the Cab Picker "Manage" button to launch Axe-Manage Cabs.

* Changed Modifier Dialog graph's indicator color to yellow.

* Modified Axe-Manage Cabs to no longer prompt when the currently selected preset is edited. This allows for the setup of a preset (without saving) to use the Auto-Audition features of Axe-Manage Cabs.

* Added a "Picker" button to the TONE MATCH layout to select the User Cab destination.

* Corrected a timing issue with OSX builds in which values typed into edit boxes (Preset name, Scene name, Knob readouts, etc.) were being overwritten by polling operations.

---

Axe-Edit III has been released as a public beta for Mac OS X and Windows.

Axe-Edit III is now in the public beta phase. This lets you try out the pre-release version while you wait for it to be completed. The software has been tested and is found stable enough to be of value to our customers, but as a beta, the application is incomplete and may contain bugs. Some features are missing, while others are limited. It is strongly recommended that you use Fractal-Bot to back up custom presets or system data prior to using this software.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

looks like we are wicked close to beta graduation,and things seem snappy. however there is one small idiosyncracy that ive hadon my macs since the earliest beta..whereupon each time Edit is first opened, it requires a Save preset command to do anything else. no biggie. but am i the only one?

looks like we are wicked close to beta graduation,and things seem snappy. however there is one small idiosyncracy that ive hadon my macs since the earliest beta..whereupon each time Edit is first opened, it requires a Save preset command to do anything else. no biggie. but am i the only one?

Not doing that here.

Maybe caused by Prompt On Edit setting on hardware?
I will check that thanks, this is unfamiliar to me!
EDIT- nope, not that , it was set to off, I switched to on and the same behavior..

Last edited:
That setting has no effect between the editor and the hardware.

Could you a submit a video of what happens when you launch the editor?
I just figured it out! My workplace preferences were pointing to my previous block library stored in iCloud, filled with previous gen blocks that borked the startup ...I changed the location to a fresh folder on my new MacBooks hard drive , and voila! Thanks for your concern, Michael and @yek

I just figured it out! My workplace preferences were pointing to my previous block library stored in iCloud, filled with previous gen blocks that borked the startup ...I changed the location to a fresh folder on my new MacBooks hard drive , and voila! Thanks for your concern, Michael and @yek
And I guess that now the III blocks as well as presets have an incompatibility with earlier ones?...Jeez, I hope @simeon gets a hold of his III soon!!!​

Awesome, thanks for fixing the OS X time out issue that was messing with the renaming... Probably a small gain for the power users, but huge for me!!!

Hi Michael - I love the software! Two things I've noticed:

1. If I use Manage to copy a preset to a blank preset and then save it, the newly-pasted preset name doesn't show up in the presets picker unless I close Axe Edit and reopen it. The preset is there, and I can choose another preset and go back to the newly-pasted one (and its new name is correct in the Axe Edit window), but the preset picker page still says "empty".

2. I was fiddling around with the arpeggiator pitch shifter option, and noticed that on the Master+Dyn page, "SHIFTER" is spelled "SHFITER".

MANY THANKS for your hard work on this! John

1. If I use Manage to copy a preset to a blank preset and then save it, the newly-pasted preset name doesn't show up in the presets picker unless I close Axe Edit and reopen it. The preset is there, and I can choose another preset and go back to the newly-pasted one (and its new name is correct in the Axe Edit window), but the preset picker page still says "empty".

Press the Refresh button on the Picker’s bar.

Back
Top Bottom