MFC-101 Error Help

Wes37

Inspired
Howdy! So...MFC-101 has worked perfectly for years, then today it started getting stuck on the third setting of each bank. I can use "Up" to go to the next bank, and it will default to the third patch in that bank, but the "down" button will not go down to the next lower bank. The effects on/off switches work, and the MFC-101 WILL follow Axe Edit patch changes, until I try to hit another patch, where it will go to the third patch in the bank.

For example, If I'm on the first patch on a bank (from using Axe Edit), then I hit "2" to go the second patch, the MFC-101 will go to patch 3 of the bank.

I thought perhaps updating the FW would help, but when I turn off the MFC-101 and turn it back on while holding down the "1" button, it does not go into FW Update mode.

Any ideas?

Howdy! So...MFC-101 has worked perfectly for years, then today it started getting stuck on the third setting of each bank. I can use "Up" to go to the next bank, and it will default to the third patch in that bank, but the "down" button will not go down to the next lower bank. The effects on/off switches work, and the MFC-101 WILL follow Axe Edit patch changes, until I try to hit another patch, where it will go to the third patch in the bank.

For example, If I'm on the first patch on a bank (from using Axe Edit), then I hit "2" to go the second patch, the MFC-101 will go to patch 3 of the bank.

I thought perhaps updating the FW would help, but when I turn off the MFC-101 and turn it back on while holding down the "1" button, it does not go into FW Update mode.

Any ideas?
Maybe a stuck or dirty switch?

Perhaps, but that doesn’t explain why the up button will change banks, but the down button won’t.

Back
Top Bottom