AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having same issue. After selecting my IIC preset it’s silent, not matter what amp/preset I select after. Have to reboot

Ive got 2 gigs this weekend.....Crap....I'll wait just a bit longer. The quick succession of fixes boggles my mind , just incredible!
Thank you all at Fractal for making a great product even better.

Something strange...I was testing/playing some of the patches I have made and was working fine, X/Y working perfect...but at one moment I decide to go to the factory patches and pick one....no sound o_O. choose another, no sound. I reboot the AX8 and there is sound again. BUT when I select a factory patch (Petrucci Rhythm) again...the AX8 is muted :eek:.
Still Playing with it...Still loving Q10 sound :rolleyes:

GettyImages-535003478-576099233df78c98dc758f60.jpg

Cannot wait to install and play around with this. And someday... an Axe FX III will be mine!

So the X/Y switching on the USA models is still an issue? Does rebooting (turning on/off) the unit fix this when you have installed beta 7?

BUT when I select a factory patch (Petrucci Rhythm) again...the AX8 is muted :eek:.
Still Playing with it...Still loving Q10 sound :rolleyes:
I bet it's the same issue as above, IIC++ and other USA amp models mute the output. Petrucci Rhythm preset uses one of those amps.:(

Last edited:
Well I was trying out tonight the Beta6 and the Plexi 2204 was sooooo good sounding that I was drooling BUT I did have a problem, if I powerd off/on the unit or went to another preset and back it would start the preset on the Y amp (even thou the patch was saved at X amp), so then I said to myself let me swap X to Y and save it that was so if it wanted to start at Y it would be ok... guess what? the problem was still there WTF!!! BUT NOW FOR SOME GOOD NEWS, I now installed the Beta7 and it solved this problem!!!!!!!!!

I haven't tried any of the USA amps but I'm actually sticking to the Plexi 2204 for now because on the 28th I have a gig and I plant to use it then :)

THANK YOU FAS TEAM! Love my AX8.

Tried out the Wrecker Rocket. Absolutely lovely. So responsive to fingers, pickups, and tone & volume controls.

Last edited:
Channels seem to be all good now, but yes the USA models seem to crash the AMP block.
This includes the USA Pre Models (TriAxis).

Loving the new Q10 firmware though, had it roaring this afternoon. Bring on the weekend!

Is Amp X/Y still an issue? I'm having an issue where setting Amp Y to USA IIC++ leaves the AX8 silent - have to power cycle it to get things back to normal.

Update sounds awesome though - great stuff!
I had this exact same problem myself. Once you switch to the 2C++ it just cuts all output signal, but still registers as if you are getting something from the guitar on the unit, but nothing makes it to the interface. Also the sound doesn't return when you switch back to the previous working scene or preset. This is all I've noticed so far.

I‘m at work, but I want to test the new firmware so bad :(
With the increased switching speed and better use of the CPU the only two „complaints“ I ever had with the AX8 are now seemingly vanishing. That‘s so awesome! The AX8 ist the best gear decision I ever made. Thanks to the whole Fractal Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom