AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seemed to be on the people in the last couple beta versions that had some of the most problems... Trying out this new one and...

It's fixed.

On my basic patches I had a severe lag switching between scenes, as well as switching my tuner on and off (and the responsiveness of the tuner was almost nonexistent) as well as other functions of the F3 button (like bank navigation). And it's all gone. My go to song with the biggest audible gap is going between dirty and clean on Dokken's Alone Again and it's instant. Plus there isn't an audio drop out so any slight millisecond delay there may be isn't as big of a deal as it was since there isn't that drop in sound anymore. And on top of that everything just sounds better (and that's playing my same presets, not even re-tuning them to the new firmware). Also the tuner is back to normal.

So far the only issue left is a bit of chug on super complicated changes, which was there before mind you not an issue with new FW, like my Sweet Child preset that has scene controllers and X/Y switching and pedals coming on and off etc so I'm fine with that. My main 2 patches are damn near instant.

I'll keep playing around with it and try to break it before you go live with it, I know you've put a lot of work into us mere AX8 peasants trying to cram as much of ARES into it as you can, and being so quick on fixes for all the bugs that are going to come up. If I find anything I'll let it be known but go have a beer or 10 on me, I'm loving this!

I seemed to be on the people in the last couple beta versions that had some of the most problems... Trying out this new one and...

It's fixed.

On my basic patches I had a severe lag switching between scenes, as well as switching my tuner on and off (and the responsiveness of the tuner was almost nonexistent) as well as other functions of the F3 button (like bank navigation). And it's all gone. My go to song with the biggest audible gap is going between dirty and clean on Dokken's Alone Again and it's instant. Plus there isn't an audio drop out so any slight millisecond delay there may be isn't as big of a deal as it was since there isn't that drop in sound anymore. And on top of that everything just sounds better (and that's playing my same presets, not even re-tuning them to the new firmware). Also the tuner is back to normal.

So far the only issue left is a bit of chug on super complicated changes, which was there before mind you not an issue with new FW, like my Sweet Child preset that has scene controllers and X/Y switching and pedals coming on and off etc so I'm fine with that. My main 2 patches are damn near instant.

I'll keep playing around with it and try to break it before you go live with it, I know you've put a lot of work into us mere AX8 peasants trying to cram as much of ARES into it as you can, and being so quick on fixes for all the bugs that are going to come up. If I find anything I'll let it be known but go have a beer or 10 on me, I'm loving this!

Keep us apprised. We value the feedback.

Another beta, another day, another chance to break out all the hot licks I know how to play.

Thank you...

The 4th public beta within 3 days. That's a massive amount of work to take on. My only issue was the volume drop from 2 betas ago and haven't even played since due to time contstraints. Literally have only turned my AX8 on to do updates.
Cliff and FAS, your work goes beyond appreciated. Thank y'all so much.

Is Amp X/Y still an issue? I'm having an issue where setting Amp Y to USA IIC++ leaves the AX8 silent - have to power cycle it to get things back to normal.

Update sounds awesome though - great stuff!

The previously-reported issue of the Amp block's X/Y state being retained across presets is also fixed.

Much to like what CodePoet just mentioned I'm going through a bunch of my banks and everything was hunky dory until I tried loading up my MKIIC++ patch. Couldn't get sound to come out of it, went back to patches that were just working and nothing. If I power cycled it and it came back on a previously working preset it was fine again until I tried to load the MKIIC++ patch. One time I power cycled while on the MKIIC++ patch until loaded up preset 1 bank 1, the double verb (which sounds really really good in the stock preset now lol). This last time I power cycled and went back to my normal patches suddenly the volumes were insanely loud on both X and Y on the amps.

Is Amp X/Y still an issue? I'm having an issue where setting Amp Y to USA IIC++ leaves the AX8 silent - have to power cycle it to get things back to normal.
Confirmed. Selecting USA IIC++ in either X or Y silences the output until the box is rebooted.

The 4th public beta within 3 days. That's a massive amount of work to take on. My only issue was the volume drop from 2 betas ago and haven't even played since due to time contstraints. Literally have only turned my AX8 on to do updates.
Cliff and FAS, your work goes beyond appreciated. Thank y'all so much.
Not bad for an obsolete product that will no longer receive any support. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom