Disable Up/Down buttons

aircadet

Inspired
hi
I'd like to use my MFC as just a scene select for a one off gig as I've created a load of patch for each song. I'll use the AxeFx to select the patch then scenes to change effect. I've created these patches from preset number 600 in order of songs so I don't want to acidently hit up or down & go into preset 1 etc. & have to scroll all the way back to 600. Can I disable the up/down preset selectors just for this gig?
Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.

Paul

They cannot be disabled.

How would you get from preset 600 to preset 1? And why would it be “all the way back” to 600?

If I'm on preset 603 & accidentally press the up button it will go to preset 1 to 5 depending which preset button I press.

First off, the MFC will only access something like the first 386 presets so if you're using it live you should rearrange your presets to accommodate this. You can setup the MFC IA switches to just change scenes. I've got mine set to switches 1-8 switch scenes 1-8.

If I'm on preset 603 & accidentally press the up button it will go to preset 1 to 5 depending which preset button I press.
as billbill suggested, i would move/swap your presets on the Axe-Fx to lower slots so you don't jump to the first 384 presets. if you're saving those for the factory presets, you can always reload them later, so just swap them out.

having the presets you use in the range that the MFC uses is definitely the intended way to use it.

Back
Top Bottom