AX-8 10.00 Public Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I am still seeing an issue @Callan described from the last beta with the amp's XY state remaining as it was on the previous preset when you switch to a new preset (i.e. if you're using an X state amp on a preset and you switch to a new preset where scene 1/default scene uses the Y state amp, it will use its X state amp instead.)

I'm still wrong default values for the Double Verb Vib amp when I reset the block with this release. There's a bunch of parameters that don't match the defaults on the Axe-Fx III but the easiest one to spot is the Power Tubes -- they default ot 6L6/5881 on the AX8 but they should be 6V6. There are other parameters off as well and I haven't checked any other amp models yet.

I'm still wrong default values for the Double Verb Vib amp when I reset the block with the release. There's a bunch of parameters that don't match the defaults on the Axe-Fx III but the easiest one to spot is the Power Tubes -- they default ot 6L6/5881 on the AX8 but they should be 6V6. There are other parameters off as well and I haven't checked any other amp models yet.

There is no "release". 6L6 are the correct tube types for a Twin Reverb.

Couple things that have been happening to me on beta 4 and beta 5 (the only ones I've tried).
- Scene switching on the unit, for others I've heard the sound gap is gone, but not for me. Hitting scene 1/2 that goes from rhythm to lead takes a long time, it takes about 2 seconds for the sound and the display to catch up to the button press. Same with other scenes I've tried (though I did not try going into sticky scene mode, just mapped out scene selection on the main 8 buttons). I uninstalled and reinstalled the 4th beta a couple times hoping it would resolve itself, but that and 5 didn't help.
- Much like the delay on hitting the footswitches for scenes, the tuner has major major delay. Once I hold F3 for my tuner, it takes approximately 10-30 seconds for it to switch on (sometimes turning on, off, on off,) and when it gets to the tuner (as was mentioned in an above comment) the tuner hardly moves and isn't all that useful.
- And compounding on that when changing banks, getting to the bank list and going up is fine, but again, hitting F3 to go down a page is severely delayed
hopefully you try this latest beta @ChadVanHalen.

i've never saw any of what you described here in any of the 5 betas. did you have Fractal-Bot or AX8-Edit connected or anything else?

But I am still seeing an issue @Callan described from the last beta with the amp's XY state remaining as it was on the previous preset when you switch to a new preset (i.e. if you're using an X state amp on a preset and you switch to a new preset where scene 1/default scene uses the Y state amp, it will use its X state amp instead.)
Yup, it's still messed up. Trying to shoehorn the Ares architecture into this thing is fraught with problems. Back to the drawing board.

Yup, it's still messed up. Trying to shoehorn the Ares architecture into this thing is fraught with problems. Back to the drawing board.
Thanks for all your work Cliff.
I'm looking forward to trying Beta6 tonight, even is scene switching isn't perfect at least I can experience Ares-lite, or whatever you are calling it.
The amp type in beta5 took my attention last night so hoping to make some noise tonight !

Haven't updated yet. Seems like the big issue is with X/Y which I don't use. If that's true, I will go ahead. Thanks for all the effort, Fractal.

I am up and running on beta6. For what I am using right now it seems to be workIng (I.e. live mode no axe edit). No AMP X/Y.

Dying to try this but I’ve got a big show on Aug 4th and 18th and then off till October. Think I’m gonna hold off till after these set of shows.

I downloaded the 10.0 beta earlier today and I've had issues with volume in my presets and AXY switches. THe volume would be completely off in the AXY setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom