O/T.....DARE/Vinny Burns re-record album

lundhamselv

I know it might not belong in this section, but since Vinny Burns posts here sometimes - and uses an Axe FX II (I think....) I thought I would put it here........and I haven't seen it mentioned.....so

Dare have re-recorded their debut album Out Off The Silence and it sounds really good. Check it out - and maybe Vinny will share a coment about the guitar sounds - and share some presets

Cheers
Søren

He used a Custom Audio 3+SE preamp and a Mesa Boogie 295 power amp into a standard Marshall 1960 stereo cab for the whole album.
But he used the Axe fx ii xl on Sacred Ground.

I’ve seen them live 4 times, and last time i saw them, he used the Ax8, but before that he used A mesa boogie mark iii and the axe fx ii before switching to the ax8

Loved the new album, but the original has a special place in my heart..

Last edited:
OK - I thought he used the Axe.
Yes the original album is great, but I think the new one is a little more in-your-face soundwise, which I like ;-)

4 times live....cool. I've only seen them once - in Copenhagen in '89 I think......supporting Europe. Great show from both.

Søren

He used a Custom Audio 3+SE preamp and a Mesa Boogie 295 power amp into a standard Marshall 1960 stereo cab for the whole album.
But he used the Axe fx ii xl on Sacred Ground.

I’ve seen them live 4 times, and last time i saw them, he used the Ax8, but before that he used A mesa boogie mark iii and the axe fx ii before switching to the ax8

Loved the new album, but the original has a special place in my heart..

He actually has my old 3+SE, a great sounding preamp!

Back
Top Bottom