Time Out error Axe8 on a Mac running Yosemite ..cant resolve

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
Hi
never had this issue before and now i cant fix it. Get a time out error on a mac pro running Yosemite 10.10.5
Ive tried different USB cables, uninstalled Axe-Edit. Strange cause it worked before. any ideas? thanks

i did have my friend put an SSD drive in it a few months ago, not sure what that would do

it works fine on my PC.

Last edited:
Hi
never had this issue before and now i cant fix it. Get a time out error on a mac pro running Yosemite 10.10.5
Ive tried different USB cables, uninstalled Axe-Edit. Strange cause it worked before. any ideas? thanks
Which Pro....cheese grater or cylinder?

Do you have any other USB MIDI/Audio devices installed/connected?
Open Audio MIDI Setup and go to the MIDI Studio Window (Cmd+2)

Do you need to stay on Yosemite? I found High Sierra much more stable with AxeEdit and other music related apps....and FWiW, my 2008 Pro gave up the ghost completely bout a year ago...now a doorstop.

Do you need to stay on Yosemite? I found High Sierra much more stable with AxeEdit and other music related apps....and FWiW, my 2008 Pro gave up the ghost completely bout a year ago...now a doorstop.

ya need to stay here on yosemite , it worked fine a few months ago.

Take it from me, if you can upgrade past Yosemite, do it. You're at the tail end of what Apple will support now and it's starting to turn into no man's land getting tech support. My business has all Apple products and I'm on day 3 of trying to get one of my computers back from the dead.

Upgraded the my AX8 to the 10 firmware and im not having the issue anymore it looks like..been working everytime

Ya i wish i could go past Yosemite on this machine, i was told im at the lmit, this machine wasnt even suppose to run Yosemite

Back
Top Bottom