Celestion F12-X200

Well I wasn't much of a fan of this product to begin with, but that's lame. All that hype and they're going to make it an OEM only product?

Just found out from my friends at Celestion that this is being delayed until September.
They said as of right now it would be sold only on an OEM basis if market responds and interest shown.
They are Not considering direct sales to consumer at all.
So my question was to them from that response was "is this a viable product then?"

Complete silence...

Does that response surprise you? I seriously doubt they would have put the time and effort into making the speaker if they didn't think there was a viable market, which there is.

To me this kind of response tells me that Celestion wants to sell to manufacturers that are building a complete solution and that the DIY type is not the market they want to target.

Does that response surprise you? I seriously doubt they would have put the time and effort into making the speaker if they didn't think there was a viable market, which there is.

To me this kind of response tells me that Celestion wants to sell to manufacturers that are building a complete solution and that the DIY type is not the market they want to target.

Why not do both ? Like every other speaker they make ?
doesn't make any sense - I'm kind of bummed - I had a free open back 1x12 that was waiting for this speaker...

Why not do both ? Like every other speaker they make ?
doesn't make any sense - I'm kind of bummed - I had a free open back 1x12 that was waiting for this speaker...

OP did say...
as of right now it would be sold only on an OEM basis if market responds and interest shown.

Maybe they have deals with other manufactures that have exclusivity or it could be a manufacturing issue, only Celestion can answer the question correctly I'm just throwing out possible answers.

I agree with you though, why not open up the flood gate !

As far as I can tell, they will be able to judge market demand because they supply the tweeter in the new L6 Powercab. Eminence did the custom woofer, but Celestion supplies the tweeter. The idea was to make a FRFR solution that also behaves like a guitar speaker.

I can't speak for other brands but I do know that XiTone will be getting some samples in for testing in the near future. Based on that testing it is highly likely that we'll be featuring the F12-X200 in some of our models.
OOOOOHHHHH.....really???
Now that is interesting news!

OOOOOHHHHH.....really???
Now that is interesting news!

Interesting indeed! I've known about the F12-X200 for almost two years now. Been itching to get my paws on one for a long time... even more so since it was officially announced back in January at NAMM.

Interesting indeed! I've known about the F12-X200 for almost two years now. Been itching to get my paws on one for a long time... even more so since it was officially announced back in January at NAMM.
So when will you have them? Also, will using them in a new cab design of you will potentially make the product cost lest since for example the poweramp just has to be a 1 channel instead of a dual channel to power the woffer and the driver separately?

So when will you have them? Also, will using them in a new cab design of you will potentially make the product cost lest since for example the poweramp just has to be a 1 channel instead of a dual channel to power the woffer and the driver separately?

No solid answers to any of these questions at this time. Celestion is working hard to get this driver right and its taken a lot of time and effort so I expect the results will be well worth the wait.

So a quick question regarding how to power this speaker, since it has an internal crossover circuit you would need to have a poweramp with only one channel yes? I'm asking because I see a lot of 2 channel Full Range Plate Amplifiers that are ment for independently power up the highs and the lows on different speakers/tweeters.

So a quick question regarding how to power this speaker, since it has an internal crossover circuit you would need to have a poweramp with only one channel yes? I'm asking because I see a lot of 2 channel Full Range Plate Amplifiers that are ment for independently power up the highs and the lows on different speakers/tweeters.
Yup. So it's probably easier to put it in a guitar cab without a power amp built in, and just use something like the Powerstage 170.

Seems like that's how the product is marketed and designed to be used, for guitarists to pull their guitar speakers out of their cabs and put one of these in.

I’ve got a Rectifier 2x12 that I’ve been saving for two of these bad boys should they ever see the light of day.

Is there another speaker that is similar that would serve the same purpose that you guys have heard or tried?

Back
Top Bottom