Output trouble

LateAsAlways

Hey guys,

I' haven't had the axe fx 2 long, loving it for the most part. I'm now trying to set it up with my DAW. I've got sound, i can record. Read up about recording Output 1 and 2 stereo for my wet track, 3 and 4 for my dry. That's all coming through brilliantly.

I'm now trying to track with headphones, I've got a nice input signal going but i can not hear the damn click! The output knob controls the volume of both the click track aswell as the tracking. Having the tracking not blowing of my already tinnitus ridden ears means no click track, having the click track means not hearing the tracking.

Is there a way around this?

I'm using Cubase 9.5. Click volume is maxed. As a solution I've tried plugging output 1 and 2 with 6.5's into input 1 & 2 on my Si2 Interface and using the headphones on my Si2.
This works to an extent.....
I can hear the click, the guitars no longer blowing my head off, however I struggle to get a decent signal, sitting around the -20 mark.

Last edited:
Hi Lateasalways,
If it's Cubase 9.5 pro, you can use the Control Room to route the metronome signal to any output - that may help?

Hmmm..rereading your question, I'm not sure control room will change things... Have you tried routing the guitar tracks to a group output channel, and turning the guitar down using the group channel fader so you can hear the metronome?
Thanks
Pauly

Hi Lateasalways,
If it's Cubase 9.5 pro, you can use the Control Room to route the metronome signal to any output - that may help?

Hmmm..rereading your question, I'm not sure control room will change things... Have you tried routing the guitar tracks to a group output channel, and turning the guitar down using the group channel fader so you can hear the metronome?
Thanks
Pauly

Nice work around. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom