Vibe

Reade

Inspired
Ive been using the fx8 in the loop of my Mesa mk v 25 with some great success. I was using the chorus but never really bonded with it so I loaded the vibe block and finally got to try it playing live. The stock preset was giving up some great tones. I got a compliment from the keyboard player and she didn’t know I was doing anything different so that tells me I wasn’t the only one who thought it was sounding good.

So I post asking if anyone has a particular setting that they are happy with to try out? I am running the vibe before the amp using the four cable method just to cover that base.

I assume single coils here...

Set the bulb bias at 3 instead of 4

Set the rate at 1.7hz... you can use a pedal modifer to go between 1 and 2 or more, but 1.7 is roughly the “throb” rate

The key is the Depth control. For a Pink Floyd “Breathe” kind of texture, set it at 5ish.

For a Hendrix or Trower type “throbbing” Vibe, set it at 8 or 9.

Leave everything else in the block at default. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I assume single coils here...

Set the bulb bias at 3 instead of 4

Set the rate at 1.7hz... you can use a pedal modifer to go between 1 and 2 or more, but 1.7 is roughly the “throb” rate

The key is the Depth control. For a Pink Floyd “Breathe” kind of texture, set it at 5ish.

For a Hendrix or Trower type “throbbing” Vibe, set it at 8 or 9.

Leave everything in the block at default. Hope that helps!
Thank you!

hi guys, may I ask what differences the settings would be for humbuckers....cheers and thanks

hi guys, may I ask what differences the settings would be for humbuckers....cheers and thanks

Uni-Vibes prefer single coils for clarity. You would need to ser your amp up to reduce lows and low mids and push upper mids if you want that kind of clarity with humbuckers. A Tilt EQ in the filter block around 1khz center of a 2db to add treble and lop off bass may be another way to go there...

Uni-Vibes prefer single coils for clarity. You would need to ser your amp up to reduce lows and low mids and push upper mids if you want that kind of clarity with humbuckers. A Tilt EQ in the filter block around 1khz center of a 2db to add treble and lop off bass may be another way to go there...

Thanks...cheers

Forgive my ignorance here - am not totally across ALL the effects blocks, but when you talk about the bulb bias settings is that for the "vibe" effect in the Phaser Block?

Many thanks

Wonderful - thank you AustinBuddy.

I also understand you have some cool vibe settings? I'm a bit of a technophobe, but where would I find these (if, indeed, they are for the perusal of us "vibe" fans)>

Thanks again for your prompt response and confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom