Morningstar MC6 mkII and Axe-Fx III

Hmmm, good question. Let me know how it goes. I do still have my XL+, so I may take a peak at it if you have troubles with this.

I just got my MKII unit and tried the PC Scroll Up/Dwn and it works! Must be something different with the version of the II that allows this as i was never able to do this on the MK1. If only it could call up the names from the Axe that would be gold

I just got my MKII unit and tried the PC Scroll Up/Dwn and it works! Must be something different with the version of the II that allows this as i was never able to do this on the MK1. If only it could call up the names from the Axe that would be gold
That is good to hear. I just ordered a MC6 and am hoping to use it to scroll through scenes also . Have you had any luck doing that ? Can you pass on any info I might need to accomplish the PC Scroll up/dwn . Was is via the editor ? Thanks

@Justmc Take a look at the first page in this thread. I walked through the steps for both preset changes and scene changes on the MC6 MkII. Hope that helps.

Lee

Getting really frustrated.

Following what has been written, I can indeed scroll through 0-127 presets.

I like to have my presets well clear of the factory ones, so have started at 400 - it seems to me there's no way I can have a Midi controller simply increment the current preset by one? (Or decrement either come to that)

Closest I can get is setting the PC offset to it's maximum, but that's still way short of 400, so I need to scroll up with the foot switch and the first time I want to go down it jumps down to the bottom again.

This is with the MC6.

Is anyone able to get any midi controller where they can go up and down from whatever number you have the III set to?

Sorry at my limit!

And the magic of the forum has prevailed!

Sorted it and I love Fractal again ;0)

Now going to get a second MC6, think that will work nicely until the FCs emerge, and maybe past then

Just got my MC6 and am quite impressed so far . With help from other members I've been able to set up some preset changes, scene changes and IA toggles . My EV-2 pedal also works . Definitely will get me by until the FC's are available . Has anyone had any luck switching through the channels? I gave a CC value of 0 and 127 which lets me toggle channels A or D . Not sure how to call up B or C . Thanks

I haven’t tried it, but I believe you should try sending 1 for channel B and 2 for channel C.

Cheers
Lee

I believe the manual for the III talks about A = 0, B = 1, C = 2, D = 3 and they cycle over and over. (Eg 4 = A, 5 = B, ... up until 127 = D)

Hope that helps.

Lee

Sorry to try to resurrect this tread but, has anyone got the Morningstar to fully function yet. I just got my FX III a week ago and still no little about it.

Works great for me. Have presets controlling programs, scenes, effects, tempo and tuner.

No complaints at all

Hi Dudes!
I resurrect this thread because I need a help...
I hace Axe-Fx3 and the MC6 MKII. They works great and I know to select scenes, bypass blocks, activate/deactivate tuner, etc etc etc...
BUT I have a problem with Preset...
Note: I have read all thread, unfortunately I don't understand how to solve this problem:

I want to assign to footswitch "C" and "F" the "Preset Scroll Up/Down" or "Preset Increment/Decrement".
So, I don't use the "PC Scroll Up/Down" of the MC6 because doesn't work properly...

I work in this way:
from my AxeFx3, I go to setup > MIDI/remote > Other(Page)
and set the parameters: Preset Increment with CC#121 and Preset Decrement with CC#120
then I go in my MC6MKII and set for footswitch "C" (preset down) CC#120 with value 0 and foot switch "F" (preset up) CC#121 with value 0.

Unfortunately when I press these footswitch AxeFx3 go on the first bank "preset 0-127"... but my presets are on 4 bank (from 384 and above)

Where I wrong?
How can I scroll up and down through all preset of axe (from 0 to 512)????
Why with che Paramenters Preset Increment/Decrement Axe-Fx3 doesn't work properly?
Thanks...

Hi Dudes!
I resurrect this thread because I need a help...
I hace Axe-Fx3 and the MC6 MKII. They works great and I know to select scenes, bypass blocks, activate/deactivate tuner, etc etc etc...
BUT I have a problem with Preset...
Note: I have read all thread, unfortunately I don't understand how to solve this problem:

I want to assign to footswitch "C" and "F" the "Preset Scroll Up/Down" or "Preset Increment/Decrement".
So, I don't use the "PC Scroll Up/Down" of the MC6 because doesn't work properly...

I work in this way:
from my AxeFx3, I go to setup > MIDI/remote > Other(Page)
and set the parameters: Preset Increment with CC#121 and Preset Decrement with CC#120
then I go in my MC6MKII and set for footswitch "C" (preset down) CC#120 with value 0 and foot switch "F" (preset up) CC#121 with value 0.

Unfortunately when I press these footswitch AxeFx3 go on the first bank "preset 0-127"... but my presets are on 4 bank (from 384 and above)

Where I wrong?
How can I scroll up and down through all preset of axe (from 0 to 512)????
Why with che Paramenters Preset Increment/Decrement Axe-Fx3 doesn't work properly?
Thanks...
OK... I have solve it to myself.
In Axe-Fx3 from setup > MIDI/remote > Other(Page)
I set the parameters Preset Inc/Dec Start to 0 and Preset Inc/Dec End to 511 (so all 512 presets of AxeIII).

Bye! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom