FC Series Controllers Waitlist

We are all in the same boat. Unless there are production issues, someone else point this out as well, this will hopefully not be as long a delay. I'm not using mine live yet but I can't wait to roll with it! So much less to carry and a quick setup!

I have an MC-6 to get me by, but I'm really looking forward to the FC12. I'm hoping I can set it up to use the MC-6 in my limited space home environment and use the FC12 when I have more room for the full board. If not... I'll just deal with taking up more space in my home studio (until I can get the big room built).

Yes really. I know and remember what has been said. Something was behind, but on new-model program launches, there are oversight and reviews. Organizational responsibilities are always shared.

Please don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t implying anything negative. I’m simply saying, that we forum users dont need to direct ire at one poor soul.

Yes really. I know and remember what has been said. Something was behind, but on new-model program launches, there are oversight and reviews. Organizational responsibilities are always shared.

Please don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t implying anything negative. I’m simply saying, that we forum users dont need to direct ire at one poor soul.
Ha ha, not sure what “ire” you are refering to, as I didn’t suggest he needed hanged or anything. I sometimes forget that people are a little more sensitive now days, and I’m sure this poor un-named engineer appreciates you running to his defense, whether he needed it or not.

Ha ha, not sure what “ire” you are refering to, as I didn’t suggest he needed hanged or anything. I sometimes forget that people are a little more sensitive now days, and I’m sure this poor un-named engineer appreciates you running to his defense, whether he needed it or not.
I’ll try one last time to clarify. An organization shouldn’t blame one
My point is being misunderstood. I lead and launch major programs. Leadership has the authority, so leadership is always responsible - not an individual. Enough on this topic.

My point is being misunderstood. I lead and launch major programs. Leadership has the authority, so leadership is always responsible - not an individual. Enough on this topic.
Well stated and absolutely true. I'm in a position myself where i can get stuck in the middle of upper management pushing a difficult or impossible deadline, and a team of developers that work extremely hard to get results. Since i write code as well, i know that when you are debugging and trying to do something new it's done when it's done. Hard to put a timeline on figuring out how to get ones and zeroes to do your bidding.

Well stated and absolutely true. I'm in a position myself where i can get stuck in the middle of upper management pushing a difficult or impossible deadline, and a team of developers that work extremely hard to get results. Since i write code as well, i know that when you are debugging and trying to do something new it's done when it's done. Hard to put a timeline on figuring out how to get ones and zeroes to do your bidding.
Thanks. You understand project work, eh? Leaders are responsible, to review status while assessing risks and opportunities. I don’t think the other guy does this stuff for a living. I’ve directed and launched major vehicle programs on every continent except Antarctica; multiple platforms, and over 30 nameplates. If something is late and somebody blames one engineer, the room would laugh its ass off. The manager would be shown the door.

The FC will be out when it’s ready. I don’t need a third-party device. I can wait. FAS history has proven excellent products, great features, and fantastic support. We’ll all get emails, spend our money, and hope UPS/FedEx don’t stuff up delivery.

That's rich! FC-12 $799 euro = $1,227.29 cad or $934.00 usd
$3500 for Axe Fx III ($5,376.08 cad) + FC-12 = $6603.37 cad

I've been waiting to see some price for the FC's to see what upgrading would roughly cost.

Thanks. You understand project work, eh? Leaders are responsible, to review status while assessing risks and opportunities. I don’t think the other guy does this stuff for a living. I’ve directed and launched major vehicle programs on every continent except Antarctica; multiple platforms, and over 30 nameplates. If something is late and somebody blames one engineer, the room would laugh its ass off. The manager would be shown the door.

The FC will be out when it’s ready. I don’t need a third-party device. I can wait. FAS history has proven excellent products, great features, and fantastic support. We’ll all get emails, spend our money, and hope UPS/FedEx don’t stuff up delivery.

Not that I'm implying anything negative, but regardless of what you do for a living, I think I'll take Cliffs word over yours as to the goings on at Fractal Audio. Yes, I'm waiting patiently with cash in hand, just like everyone else.

I've been waiting to see some price for the FC's to see what upgrading would roughly cost.
The III and FC are less expensive than two vintage or boutique amps, two great speaker cabs, and a Klon / Eventide / Strymon on a piece of plywood. The exchange rate is just the economy, and the various governments skimming money to pay for themselves.

2400US for Axe III from waiting list. Knock at least 1500 off your total in Canadian. I'm getting an FC-6 so my end total will be cheaper and I don't want a huge pedalboard on stage.

My BE-50 was approx 4300 Can, then for the 212 another 1200 can and then taxes on both. My pedal board was 140, Boss MS-3 was $500, power supply 200, wireless 240, drop pedal 200, expression pedal 12, tuner......etc....etc...then you add in my UA OX for going direct......

Suddenly the Axe III is a bargain with all you get in it.

I agree with you as well.
I lead many program launches, and it can/should never be blamed on a single person.
Somebody hired that person and put them in the position where they could delay the program. There is shared accountability.

I'm not knocking anyone at FAS, and I'm in no rush to get the FC (I have plenty of midi controllers)...just saying, it's not a one man show.

Lots of great info exchanged in this thread. Anyone have any ETA or heard anything (recently) on when we might start seeing the first batch of FC6/12 start shipping? I know lots of folks are eagerly awaiting it!

Back
Top Bottom