FracTool - for power users only

Thanks a lot, this is a grouped thanks to all donators, you're the ones who make it happen :)

Hi Al;

Is it possible to convert Axe-III-presets into II?
It tried, but FracTool crashed when I drag'n'dropped the III-preset onto the Tool-form.

Would be great to check presets, which have been created with the III.

Thanx,
Mike

Here is FracTool 2.80 public beta :
- Fixes II/XL/AX8 ... MultiDelay offline parameters display
- Allows II/XL/AX8/FX8 => III preset files conversion !

Nota BENE :
- Tonematch data is removed, as the III now handles UltraRes(tm) tonematch
- An input1 block is inserted to emulate the previous generation behavior
- An output1 block is inserted to emulate the previous generation behavior
- Cab blocks are transformed to new cab block, factory cabs point to the legacy bank, user cabs point to the user1 bank
- MultiDelay blocks are transformed into respective MultiDelay, Plex Delay and TenTap Delay blocks on the III side, depending on the source MultiDelay type.
I haven't been able to test all the old MultiDelay types, only tried Plex Detune and Quad Delay, as i don't have any AxeFx II/XL anymore... (Ok i could have tried with the AX8 but i was tired ^^)
- VERY IMPORTANT : For now, the preset bank conversion to III doesn't work and produces a damaged III bank silently, so don't use it

So here are the ways you have to use previous generation presets :
- Drop a previous gen preset on the III icon in FracTool
- Drop a previous gen preset bank on the III icon in FracTool, then selecting a preset will send it to the III
- Drop a previous gen preset on the disk icon in FracTool, and choose AxeFx III format, it will save correct III preset file

Other ways have not been tested yet

BUG REPORTS : I'm very interested in getting bug reports, BUT ONLY IN PM please, including the source preset and a good description of the problem and the blocks/parameters that didn't translate well

Thanks by advance if you wish to DONATE :)
Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Download :
http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool beta/FracTool.exe
http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool beta/FracTool.pkg

License : This beta is still DONATIONWARE, but commercial preset sellers must contact me before using it

Many thanks to Cliff @FractalAudio for the very precious help on the II=>III conversion :)

Known issues : Mix, peq and pitch blocks have to be fixed

Last edited:
Here is FracTool 2.80 public beta :
- Fixes II/XL/AX8 ... MultiDelay offline parameters display
- Allows II/XL/AX8/FX8 => III preset files conversion !

Nota BENE :
- Tonematch data is removed, as the III now handles UltraRes(tm) tonematch
- An input1 block is inserted to emulate the previous generation behavior
- An output1 block is inserted to emulate the previous generation behavior
- Cab blocks are transformed to new cab block, factory cabs point to the legacy bank, user cabs point to the user1 bank
- MultiDelay blocks are transformed into respective MultiDelay, Plex Delay and TenTap Delay blocks on the III side, depending on the source MultiDelay type.
I haven't been able to test all the old MultiDelay types, only tried Plex Detune and Quad Delay, as i don't have any AxeFx II/XL anymore... (Ok i could have tried with the AX8 but i was tired ^^)
- VERY IMPORTANT : For now, the preset bank conversion to III doesn't work and produces a damaged III bank silently, so don't use it

So Here is the ways you have to use previous generation presets :
- Drop a previous gen preset on the III icon in FracTool
- Drop a previous gen preset bank on the III icon in FracTool, then selecting a preset will send it to the III
- Drop a previous gen preset on the disk icon in FracTool, and choose AxeFx III format, it will save correct III preset file

Other ways have not been tested yet

BUG REPORTS : I'm very interested in getting bug reports, BUT ONLY IN PM please, including the source preset and a good description of the problem and the blocks/parameters that didn't translate well

Thanks by advance if you wish to DONATE :)
Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Download :
http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool beta/FracTool.exe
http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool beta/FracTool.pkg
Thanks Al!

I've donated in the past. Will probably do so again soon!

FracTool saved me when I upgraded from Axe Fx II mkII to XL+. I'd never tried it before that, but it was well worth the donation.

I've encouraged many others to use it since then. Everyone should donate at least a small amount if they use it. Think about the cost of their time if they had to manually convert!

I spent two hours manually recreating my main preset!

Thanks Al!

I've donated in the past. Will probably do so again soon!

FracTool saved me when I upgraded from Axe Fx II mkII to XL+. I'd never tried it before that, but it was well worth the donation.

I've encouraged many others to use it since then. Everyone should donate at least a small amount if they use it. Think about the cost of their time if they had to manually convert!

I spent two hours manually recreating my main preset!
Yes it will save us tons of time, so please donate ;)

Holy cow that was quick! Yes I had wondered what exactly was going to happen with input output and cab blocks, makes perfect sense. Need to wake up start coffee and get busy and try to refrain from dumb questions.

OK @austinbuddy , git to work ;)....(although your Q10 presets seem to translate well directly to the III thru the new version of FT......)
Ha! Brad I have actually already recreated by hand all the naked amp tones for the III. Most time is adding NEW sounds and auditioning NEW cabs for the forthcomong 1000+ pack. There are tweaks to amp block to get them to sound same in ARES as they did when programmed. Really i need a good preet manager function for Axe III edit, and we are close to release.

Thanks much again Al for all you do for this community, and I wil continue to support FracTool with donations!

Back
Top Bottom