Done with 2.4Ghz...order on the way

sskkmm

Power User
Just too much interference around here, and really needed another excuse to get a new wireless system to fit in the Axe III rack...so I have a Shure QLXD14 on it's way (with a second transmitter).

The G75 has been great, but as it won't fit in 1U and I don't want to have more gear to hook up I started looking around. Had a great chat with lots of folks - local sound guys, sales reps, even Shure folks (they answer the phones!). Too many uncertainties and issues at a number of venues around DC with the Line 6 stuff - even with scanning before each set. Might keep it for home and other gigs, but for now looking forward to the new system!

Just thought I would share.

Interesting about the 2.4g.. i have the shure glxd half rack version and i've not had any issues so far. Venues approaching 2000 people and no issues. Do you think it's location specific, or what.

The GLXD is pretty rock solid. It's even better on group 4(1) because it has 27 backup frequencies. I usually just leave it there.

No doubt you'll love the QLXD14!

I thought long and hard about the GLXD due to all the write ups about it...and yes I really do think it is location specific here for the 2.4 thing - some of these bars and clubs downtown next to apartments and whatnot - every single room must have WiFi and stuff going on. Now as we move every 2-3 years, I just really wanted something that would work anywhere and just decided that going to a more pro level system would give me a bit more piece of mind.

Might be crazy, but that usually is what happens when I sell a bunch of gear and get something in my head... :/

Other rationalizations - I already have a good rechargeable AA system in place, and didn't want to buy something with yet another battery system. I know the Shure rechargeable pack in the GLXD series gets great reviews, but I do like the AA backup option.

If Line 6 had made a rack G80 or something (that uses the same transmitters as the G70/75) I might have been tempted, but that will only happen a week after I get the QLXD.

You did make sure to go through and look at what is in use in your area and select bands that are opposite of that, right?

Not to jack your thread but has anyone ever experienced feeling a warming sensation around the area where your pack is located? I have my GLX-D body pack on my strap and it sits around my kidney area. After 15-20min of playing it feels pretty warm at that location. I can't imagine the 10 mW is enough to start cooking my skin.

Back
Top Bottom