AXE FX II all done with updates??

I'm fine if so. More just curious. But not bi-curious.......

giphy.gif

I have an MK-I and if 10.01 was the last version, I'm okay with that for now. Eventually, I might consider a III, but with the Canadian dollar at 77 cents, I'm looking at close to $5,000 to my door. :eek:

I have an MK-I and if 10.01 was the last version, I'm okay with that for now. Eventually, I might consider a III, but with the Canadian dollar at 77 cents, I'm looking at close to $5,000 to my door. :eek:

I have my Axe II and if this is the last FW, i'm more than happy. Unless i had the cash to burn via lottery, no way I'm dropping 5K on a III. I'd sooner get another guitar and upgrade my computer. I guess depends on your disposable income...even then its all subjective.

Well considering that the 3 is on a whole nother platform I'd say yep FW updates are most likely dunzo! Personally I couldn't care less because my machine sounds great

Reactions: b@d
The last thing I’d like to see if it’s even possible is the tri chorus but I’m plenty happy with 10 being the last fw. It sounds phenomenal.

My personal expectation on the question "Is it over?":

Likely, but not surely.
However, if there will be any updates, I don't expect anything beyond bug fixes, and Amp modelling updates.
So, for example, there hasn't been any significant updates to Ares amp modelling lately, therefore there's no update to Axe 2 either.

Not quite. I'm in Quebec where we have the highest taxes - cost me $4029 after everything.

Quick opinion on the upgrade:
UI is great , options are astounding, overall design is up to and beyond Fractal standards.
As far as sound I was completely happy with the II, could have been my last piece of guitar gear.
The III at this point feels better but by no means sounds remarkably better than the II - maybe a little crisper.
I am not putting it down in any way. This thing is a monster of a machine. I bought it because of my experience with the company and to "future proof" my investment. I can't imagine what Cliff will have done when a year goes by.

All this to say that anyone who is still on the old platform still has a first class piece of gear.

Last edited:
If you want to skip the waitlist , yep its about $5300 CAD ,at 2499 us I paid about $3800 all in back in March

My bad, I didn't scroll down far enough to see this part;

"The Axe-Fx III is now shipping to customers on a WAITLIST. If you signed up, you will receive an email with a private link to order your unit at the regular price of $2499.99 when your name comes to the top of the list."

Back
Top Bottom