Fuzz and Wah

Jemwiz00

hey y’all - I ken that this topic has been done to death - but here is one more shot.

i had some fun messing with the fox loop tonight and had an idea and was wondering if it is possible?

I want to have the wah block first in the chain - can I do this like so...

Guitar > real analogue man fuzz > fox loop In

can I then run the wah block into fox loop block where the guitar input is coming from?

The problem is that the wah would be filtering nothing if I can’t also route the sound of fox loop into the wah.

Any insight ? Thank you In advance for any suggestions!

Jeez - I obviously meant FX not fox. Haha

To clarify is it possible to run wah block before Fx loop with the signal entering grid through the loop only?

I’m trying to elimate buffer before the fuzz - I know I could completely put the fuzz pedal in the block that way but that kind of negates the need for a real pedal.

Jeez - I obviously meant FX not fox. Haha

To clarify is it possible to run wah block before Fx loop with the signal entering grid through the loop only?

I’m trying to elimate buffer before the fuzz - I know I could completely put the fuzz pedal in the block that way but that kind of negates the need for a real pedal.
No... How would guitar signal get into the Wah if the Wah is in the grid before the guitar signal?

Just spitballing but could I somehow use both inputs to achieve the desired result ? Ie run signal from guitar into input one > wah block > FX loop - out effects send into fuzz and back into input 2. Maybe I could also wire up another input jack with a dummy pickup soldered to a through circuit hooked to the output of effects send? Trying to have the fuzz behave like it should is an adventure lol. I’m sure @FractalAudio will eventually nail the interaction between pickups and drive block. I’m aware that it’s probably a hardware rather than software limitation but I’m sure he will get there. If the drive block sounds this good now I’m sure it will get even more “real” and more accurate ... soon.

I’ve tried everything I can think of like DI boxes etc, but you can’t get around the fact the Fx loop is line level, and basically everything acts like it has a buffer once it’s in the Axe because it does.

Only way to get that correct pickups see fuzz circuit is just that, only a cord between them.

It can sound good without still but won’t have the same cleanup on a germanium fuzz.

If you want a wah before a real fuzz pedal you need to also get a real wah I’m afraid.

Back
Top Bottom