Compact line mixer suggestions?

stereotactic

Experienced
Hello all, in anticipation of getting an Axe 3 and loosing a rack space, does anybody know of a high quality, 1/2 rack or otherwise compact, stereo line mixer? I need 2 stereo channels to mix the outputs of the Axe and my TC4000 verb. I currently have an Ashly LX308B, but it's heavy and 6 more channels than I need. I'm wary of the compact Behringer and Rolls models as I doubt they have good headroom and may have other sound quality issues. Thanks in advance for sharing any recommendations and experiences...

I've always liked the Roland M-120 Line Mixer. It's out of production but it is a 1U unit.

G

Last edited:
I also posted this in response to your question on the "Post Your Axe-FX III Rigs" thread:
Are you using all your I/O's on the Axe III ???
If not you could just use a set of I/O's to mix in the TC4000 and omit the external line mixer.

Reactions: yek
I also posted this in response to your question on the "Post Your Axe-FX III Rigs" thread:
Are you using all your I/O's on the Axe III ???
If not you could just use a set of I/O's to mix in the TC4000 and omit the external line mixer.

Thanks for answering in both places.

No, I'm not using all my analog I/O's, but after experimenting, I decided things sound best when using the AES out for a digital input of the TC and then analog out of it to a mixer, instead of multiple a/d/a conversations in and out of the 3. I and others have wishlisted an AES/SPIDF block so we can route any outboard digital gear to anywhere on the grid and stay in the digital domain. That would greatly simplify my rig, cut down weight and give the outboard device all the flexibility and seemless automation of any other block on the grid...

Back
Top Bottom