AustinBuddy possible Bass Presets for the Ax8 - what do you want to see?

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey amigos:

Putting together a 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack for Axe III. Like to expand some bass preset/rig options included in it. If enough interest is shown and information given and enough variety of bass tones comes out of this thread, maybe will do a Bass Player TonePack for Axe8, Axe-Fx and Axe III too.

This thread can be an informal poll of what you bass players would like to see in those presets.

Name pedals, effects, bass players, amps and cabs, rig layouts, genres to include -- whatever you think.

Probably a live Rig(s) and a Studio recording chain preset too (combines DI + Amp). I personally just own a G&L that does the Fender P-Bass thing well and a Hofner Beatle bass, but want to make sure the Fender Jazz bass and modern active pickup basses get covered.

I'd like to create at least 5-10 Bass player "rigs" that can cover a lot musical genres -- and hope to solicit and get help from some great bass players who live in Austin to use their ears to help dial the final mile with me at my "Electric Buddyland" studio.

Let me know what you want to see in this? Thanks!

Ampeg makes some awesome amps. From the Portaflex pop top to the mighty SVT. Back in the day, Acoustic and Sunn had their day too.

In terms of instruments, I suggest you include Rickenbacker and a rig for fretless. Anything Chris Squier, especially the “Fragile” era.

Last edited:
Les Claypool's Sailing the Seas of Cheese tone would be rad

Justin Chancellor from Tool, preferably Lateralus era

I'm a pretty big fan of Nikki Monninger's tone from the Silversun Pickups

Anything close to Cliff era Metallica would be killer, too

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5407

I have what I consider a pretty good bass preset I use for my Jazz bass running FOH w/IEM's ... it's a nice clean full sound with good clarity and punch and warmth..

One Sound that I've found to be rather illusive is Geddy Lee's ... while he has several different sounds, there's one that sounds kind of growly but yet "clear".. so that would be VERY cool to have ;)

The other one that comes to mind is Brian Adams "Somebody" song,.. the bass on that is awesome IMO.. there's breakdown in that song around the 2:40 mark where the bass keeps grooving along, you can really hear the "Tone" at that point. All the vid's on youtube are pretty poor quality on this one. need to listen to the actual recording. I remember reading an article in Sound on Sound or somewhere about the recording process of that song... good detail on the bass in that as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom