AFIII Axe-Fx III Violin

Thanks So much Neo

This is awesome the tracking is really
Really good to .that Fast bow thing in first clip is incredible

Honestly I think this should be added to the factory presets it’s that cool

You can get that train violin thingy going with 4 chromatic notes on one string :) - I caused it to clip, the fast part in the first example. That's the reason for the abrupt jump in sound.

Definitely an improvement in tracking with the III.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :)

Wow, this sounds awesome. Great work! I am curious what other instruments could be emulated like this. Would be neat to have different stringed instruments for creating orchestral sections.

Wow, this sounds awesome. Great work! I am curious what other instruments could be emulated like this. Would be neat to have different stringed instruments for creating orchestral sections.

I've got a cello patch that's a another wip. It's based on the violin patch & ir above. I wanted to set my foot controller up to control more things in the patch, so I've kinda been waiting on the fc and combine the cello with the above patch.

I had a nice patch for an organ (may be one in the factory presets?) and will be working on it soon.

If input 2 L/R had an on/off software toggle for pitch and envelope detection (preset assignable), I'd have this for acoustic (input2 L/R) and electric AND be able to tune both with axe-fx without a workaround.

One can dream...

If input 2 L/R had an on/off software toggle for pitch and envelope detection (preset assignable), I'd have this for acoustic (input2 L/R) and electric AND be able to tune both with axe-fx without a workaround.

One can dream...

Doesn't channels get you around that problem? Use channel 1/2 on each block for acoustic and 3/4 for electric while switching them with scenes?

Wow, this is incredible. Would definitely be great to have this as a factory preset to show the crazy stuff you can do with this unit.

Austin

A simple tip to make the violin sound even more authentic:

In the cab block set smoothing on the ir above around 1 or 1.5. It's subtle but it tames some of the frequency spikes (smooooth :)).

Also, a lot of times violin and orchestra instruments are mic'd from a distance, so play with mic distance, doesn't take much.

edit: meant mic distance not proximity

Last edited:
TcNFyNl.gif

This is an insane patch!

Thanks @NeoSound

Just noticed that after the recent update that the patch is clipping hard. When you go to layout and zoom out it shows the clipping at the top meter but non of the block meters show clipping. Confusing. I went to the output block and the meters shown when in edit of the output block was clipping hard.

Back
Top Bottom