recomended small combo amp for AX8?

I'm using a DV Mark DVC Guitar Friend. It has more than enough volume for live use (I've never needed more than half of its 50 W), good bass response, sounds great and weighs nothing (8 kgs).

A bit out of left field, but the Acoustic Image Corus is hard to beat at 19 pounds (and very loud). Not a 1x12 though.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm about to buy my AX8 and I'm pretty excited about it.

Actually I have a Ibanez Prestige 652 with a Fender Blues Jr III, but I'm open to change my amp to play with the AX8. I will play most of the time at my apartment, so once in a while a gig, but lets say 90% time playing inside my room. I've been reading a lot about FRFR, monitors, etc., and I would like your opinion of what should I aim for.
Forgot to mention that I have a pair of M-Audio BX5, mainly to listen to music through my laptop.
I'm willing to sell/exchange my fender if that's the case.
Thx !

Hey guys. I'm about to buy my AX8 and I'm pretty excited about it.

Actually I have a Ibanez Prestige 652 with a Fender Blues Jr III, but I'm open to change my amp to play with the AX8. I will play most of the time at my apartment, so once in a while a gig, but lets say 90% time playing inside my room. I've been reading a lot about FRFR, monitors, etc., and I would like your opinion of what should I aim for.
Forgot to mention that I have a pair of M-Audio BX5, mainly to listen to music through my laptop.
I'm willing to sell/exchange my fender if that's the case.
Thx !
I'd start with the BX5s and wouldn't sell anything until I'd tried those out. Apartments are tricky -- even the smallest speakers can make neighbours angry.

I really don't have any experience with that, thx for your patience. But can I connect Guitar+AX8 and my audio output from laptop on BX5 and use both together? Shouldn't I have a audio only for my guitar and AX8? Thx for replying

I really don't have any experience with that, thx for your patience. But can I connect Guitar+AX8 and my audio output from laptop on BX5 and use both together? Shouldn't I have a audio only for my guitar and AX8? Thx for replying
so you were going to use a pair of BX8 for your laptop and a 2nd pair for your guitar?

you can definitely send music and guitar through the same speakers - that's how it works at concerts and other places that use speakers, yeah?

you would need a mixer of some sort to combine the signals together. i do NOT recommend buying a 2nd pair of BX5 for your guitar. they are only for home and would not help you at all during gigs.

there are literally dozens of threads recommending speakers to use with the ax8. this thread mentions many.

Back
Top Bottom