High gain to clean without dropouts

I use 2 amps (Brit brown / usa lead for my high gain sound.) For my clean sound I use an other preset,
but when I switch to clean I have dropouts.
I created another preset with 2 amp blocks (Brit brown (High gain) and Vibrato Lux (clean). When I use scenes, I don't have dropouts. My preset with Brit Brown and Usa Lead sounds better for me.
My settings do not change in scenes, how can I get a good clean sound with this preset?

There's an inevitable gap when using X/Y switching or changing presets. There are plenty of workarounds that HSBC been discussed at length on here.

It is indeed very simple with X-Y. Can already delete a lot of presets. Did not know that all settings change that I make when I switch from X to Y. Now I know a lot more. Thanks for the comments.

Not sure about your question. It’s not very clear. But there’s a couple ways to that. Scenes, two chains with with different amps (clean and dirty) one scene engages one chain and the next one the other chain. You can have both chains active at the same time and morph between the two with an expression pedal (that is the smoothest transition you can get).

I know, my rhythm and Lead is X, delays with different delay time X - Y, Clean Amp, chorus rev Y in scenes. First I had 2 amp blocks that I switched with scenes. My cpu is now 54 and my effect blocks are the same.

Last edited:
Make sure your amp blocks are in the same place on each preset along with every effect in the chain using two amps it will be harder to get a seamless switch between presets but if you use the energyball for high gain and the gibtone scout for cleans you’ll end up having a near seamless switch between presets start with things stripped down no effects you want your clean tone to be just like your dirty tone but with no gain but all the eq needs to sound The same on the gibtone amp you can achieve that with just the treble control .. after you make the amps switch seamless then program up the delay you want and use the same delay block in both presets

I know, my rhythm and Lead is X, delays with different delay time X - Y, Clean Amp, chorus rev Y in scenes. First I had 2 amp blocks that I switched with scenes. My cpu is now 54 and my effect blocks are the same.

Now it’s even more unclear. Lots of things there don’t need XY. Any XY switching you add will add a gap, or artifacts when switching delay times.

Back
Top Bottom