Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Wow! Great rig! How do they work together? Is this 4CM?

Thanks !! I’m using the Fractal for all of my cleans using the triples power section and effects 4CM.. The triple does all the high gain stuff .. Nothing against the high gain amp models but I just can’t stop using tubes .. The rig sounds killer .. As soon as it’s 100 percent finished I’ll post some more pics and vids..

Thanks !! I’m using the Fractal for all of my cleans using the triples power section and effects 4CM.. The triple does all the high gain stuff .. Nothing against the high gain amp models but I just can’t stop using tubes .. The rig sounds killer .. As soon as it’s 100 percent finished I’ll post some more pics and vids..

Absolutely! :D

I have to agree... My Crybaby rack unit has been collecting dust for many years. I find the Axe wahs more diverse and just easier to work with. Plus bringing out less gear is always nice (for me).

...and if I was going to use a real wah, I'd use my "Real McCoy MC2" (legacy) instead the rack unit anyway.

But as mentioned, for me Fractal has pretty much nailed the "wah" effect (IMHO), so why bother with anything else (unless you have a need for some crazy hybrid... then again, the Axe can let your imagination run wild).

However, I can understand some people may still prefer using the real thing. Especially if you already own the effect, why not... Smoke'm if you got'm. =:·)
Unless I'm looking at it wrong, all the dials are set to 0. Doesn't look like it's being used at all, at least the eq section.

2018 rig - we don't live in a cool city where sound is provided and have to provide our own sound 99% of the time...

Attachments

• IMG_5457 (Small).jpg
    IMG_5457 (Small).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_5456 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_5456 (Medium).jpg
    194 KB · Views: 391
Here she is in a new gator effects rack along with my Sennheiser wireless mic and guitar systems, complete with a new XiTone MBritt cab - No stand required! Oh, and of course my 2000 American Deluxe Power Tele with Joe Barden pickups. Now all I need is an FC-12 ;-)

IMG_7151.jpg

Just got the Axe III :) Thought I share the first direct to PA amp in a box concept the Tom Scholz Rockmodule Head and now with the latest in direct processing, Fractal. Endearingly called the "Alpha & Omega" rig......

0lPiBmC.jpg
Still trying to emulate the Scholz Boston tone with the AX8 until I get the III. Have you attempted to get that sound out of your fractal?

Still trying to emulate the Scholz Boston tone with the AX8 until I get the III. Have you attempted to get that sound out of your fractal?

The first Boston album is all about pre-EQ. They didn't use Rockmans on that album. It was cranked Marshalls with pre-EQ. Lots of midrange boost. You can clearly hear the difference when they switched to Rockmans. The tone isn't nearly as good on the later albums, sounds fake and overly compressed.

My studio is a freaking mess right now from ripping things apart. Just sold my Kemper, pedalboard, and Archon 100.

Still trying to get the Axe to sound as good as my Archon through the PS-2 into my Mesa cabs.

vI7FDFh.jpg

vI7FDFh
@DannyEvil : what can you tell me about your chair and its suitability to extended computer work and extended guitar playing?

@DannyEvil : what can you tell me about your chair and its suitability to extended computer work and extended guitar playing?

I work from home doing software and do audio on the side, so I am stuck in this chair a lot. I have no issues and can sit forever.
ME7ERG Raynor Ergohuman - I used to work next to a major business office supplier that leased these. This was a lease return and got a really good deal. $200!

I work from home doing software and do audio on the side, so I am stuck in this chair a lot. I have no issues and can sit forever.
ME7ERG Raynor Ergohuman - I used to work next to a major business office supplier that leased these. This was a lease return and got a really good deal. $200!
Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm in the market for a chair. The stuff available at the discount houses either doesn't play well for long-term comfort or just flat-out feels weird.

This is way too heavy to transport by myself. Mainly due to the 40 lb Furman UPS. Also, way unnecessary and overkill.

But I put this together a couple of evenings ago, for this photo op and post. I will not be playing out soon, so it can stay like this for awhile.

Rodney's Rack 6-5-18 001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom