Missing Essentials: Some Cab IRs would like to hunt down...

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi everyone:

Now that I have an Axe III there are a lot of IRs to choose from.

But there are some IRs I have not yet found that I think would be useful to have... so I'm posting this here. If anyone has these IRs or can recommend a commercial version that is very good, would appreciate it!

(Else, I'll have to hunt these down in real life and get these for my next Cab Pack. For mics I like to have R121, M160, MD 421 (on cone), SM57 and U67 including room options).

I'd like a good Hiwatt 4x12 w/Fanes including an M160 and U67 mics... the factory one is good but here are better ones out there, I once played one from Fremen that was very very good..

Another good Fane one would be a Fane 1X15 or 2X15 cab...

I'd like to find a great IRs for a vintage Fender 2X15 Dual Showman closed-back cab... that is the Chuck Berry sound, and Hendrix used them too.

Last but not least, a good vintage 4X10 Marshall Celestions or even 8x10 Marshall (saw Phil Brown has one)... 10" speakers do a thing with single coils that's cool...

Last, an old EVL in a 1X12 ported old-Dumble-style closed back cab... the Larry Carlton cab.

Post if you know where something like the above may be available, whether commercially or you have a a source. Thanks!

I'd like a good Hiwatt 4x12 w/Fanes including an M160 and U67 mics... the factory one is good but here are better ones out there, I once played one from Fremen that was very very good..

That would be a great addition!!! or even better, a WEM Super Starfinder 200 cab with 4×12” Fane Crescendo speakers :cool:

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=70

DG%20WEM%20Cab_Live%20at%20Pompeii.jpg

BTW, What microphone do you think this is?:
dsc04581.jpg

davidsgear_wempulse.jpg

Last edited:
There's a 4x12 and 2x12 Fane IR in the Axe Fx. Both were from OH cab packs, I believe.

The 2x12 is from a Bogner cab. I purchased the pack shortly before Ultra Res cabs were announced. I was bummed since it was my first cab pack purchase and then pleased to see them added in UR. One or both are part of the "bonus" IRs included in pre-XL firmware.

I used that 2x12 IR as my main IR for a couple years, at least.

If you can't find them, let me know and I'll get the exact names.

Edit:

Rereading your post it looks you know about the 4x12. Also, the 2x12 might be from a TAF pack not OH.

Isn't there a 4X12 Starfinder WEMS in the Factory cabs now? See F156 (via The Amp Factory). Agree would be cool to have!

You know, that sorta looks like a U67 mic -- but it's definitely not. I have no idea. It's too close to the speaker cab to be a condensor mic (unless it is very high SPL one?); it must be a fancy dynamic mic....I suspect European -- Sennheiser or ByerDynamic (sic) maybe?

For Factory Cabs:

F042 Hi Power = Hiwatt (assuming Fanes)....

Fremen had a User IR one with an M160 on a 4x12 Hiwatt in his early presets that is the best I've heard to date, but I bet there are more options...I should ask him where he got it, if he'll say! ;)

F141 - 1X12 Deluxe with Fane

F143 Bogner Shiva 2X12 with Fanes

F155 4x12 WAT (TAF) ... "Based on a Hiwatt 4X12 Fane loaded, Extra deep."

F156 4X12 Starfound Mix (TAF)... "based on a '74 WEM Starfinder with Custom Fane"

I see RedWirez has BIG BOX offering for "75 Hiwatt SE14123 50W with purple Fanes" -- I might have that already and look back into it. That is the one Factory preset 042 above is based on I believe.

Dual Showman 2X15's anyone?

I'm interested in the 2x15 Fanes because that is a Frank Marino choice....could be cool!

Red Wirez has a Showman JBL D130 library. Not UltraRes of course, but still great sounding.

Hi everyone:

Now that I have an Axe III there are a lot of IRs to choose from.

But there are some IRs I have not yet found that I think would be useful to have... so I'm posting this here. If anyone has these IRs or can recommend a commercial version that is very good, would appreciate it!

(Else, I'll have to hunt these down in real life and get these for my next Cab Pack. For mics I like to have R121, M160, MD 421 (on cone), SM57 and U67 including room options).

Another good Fane one would be a Fane 1X15 or 2X15 cab...

I'd like to find a great IRs for a vintage Fender 2X15 Dual Showman closed-back cab... that is the Chuck Berry sound, and Hendrix used them too.

Last but not least, a good vintage 4X10 Marshall Celestions or even 8x10 Marshall (saw Phil Brown has one)... 10" speakers do a thing with single coils that's cool...

Last, an old EVL in a 1X12 ported old-Dumble-style closed back cab... the Larry Carlton cab.

Post if you know where something like the above may be available, whether commercially or you have a a source. Thanks!
If you can wait a few days, I have a Marshall 8×10 almost complete to release.

BTW, What microphone do you think this is?:
dsc04581.jpg

davidsgear_wempulse.jpg

You know, that sorta looks like a U67 mic -- but it's definitely not. I have no idea. It's too close to the speaker cab to be a condensor mic (unless it is very high SPL one?); it must be a fancy dynamic mic....I suspect European -- Sennheiser or ByerDynamic (sic) maybe?

I believe that's a Shure KSM32 or KSM44 condenser.

Shure_KSM32_SL_KSM32_SL_Studio_Condenser_163789.jpg

I knew all my years of staring at music store catalogs would pay off!

So is the F156 4X12 Starfound Mix actually the unreleased WEM Starfinder 4x12 IR from The Amp Factory??

EDIT - ignore re-read above!

Last edited:
So is the F156 4X12 Starfound Mix actually the unreleased WEM Starfinder 4x12 IR from The Amp Factory??

EDIT - ignore re-read above!
It's not unreleased, I've bought it a few years ago, it was contained in a pack called "The Cab Legends" and there were quite good IRs of both a Hiwatt and a Wem with Fane speakers (among many others).

For some reason TAF cab site has been down for quite some time now, but I think if you contact them they will sell those IRs.

@austinbuddy I think some Dual Showman IRs have been made by redwirez too IIRC

Yes. I also bought that Cab Legends Pack. I haven't used it since the Axe-FX Ultra ages. I'll give it another try.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom