Andrea Maccianti

Experienced
Very often I am asked this question "which one is better"? I made this video with emulation A and emulation B by Friedman Dirty Shirley. I did not use my patch, I preferred to leave the basic settings. NO FX, only dry sound. Judge you, I love them and use them both. Same guitar, same amp, same settings, same IR. According to you which of the two is the Fractal and which the UAD :)

I'm pretty sure A is the Fractal. It seems to respond more dynamically with your playing. B sounds a little brighter, and seems to have a tad more gain. I tend to favor brighter, more open tones, but B still sounds like an inferior emulation to me.

Now watch me be totally wrong. lol

Damn, it's hard for me to choose one that I liked more.
But imho the emulation A have a really nice lowend that I like more than emulation B, buuuut the emulation B have more clarity on open chords.

I respectfully disagree : if it sounds better than real amp it's preferable to me.
Btw the A sample is clearly better
Even I think so, then there is to say the feeling under the fingers, this puts me in first place. If I record with a sound that I do not like, probably, a bad recording will come out ... anyway, in my opinion, having a good sound is really helping a lot, and post-production thanks :)

I'm pretty sure A is the Fractal. It seems to respond more dynamically with your playing. B sounds a little brighter, and seems to have a tad more gain. I tend to favor brighter, more open tones, but B still sounds like an inferior emulation to me.

Now watch me be totally wrong. lol
In part you were wrong :) Well I do not know inferior, certainly different ... the A definitely has a bigger sound and for my way of playing, I feel closer... de gustibus :)

I reproduced this test on my rig, only I didn’t use the same IR, but the stock choices for both...l had not used UAD DS model before, mainly cuz it is one of the few that that is not Unison-enabled (the newest UAD /Friedman offering, the Buxom Betty, is excellent in Unison).....but playing them together in panned hard stereo, even knowing which was which, was scary close, but the FAS with AXFXIII mojo, won in my private battle.

Back
Top Bottom