Need help - cant get stereo (ping pong delay) from a cab

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
So - Ive been an amp/cab guy for my whole AFX life (10 years now) - but recently Ive re-arranged things at home and its easy to use my monitors and IRs - and as such Ive been playing around with cabs for pretty much the first time.

Thing is, I cant get a ping pong delay from my cabs. If I bypass my cab I get the correct ping ponging delays - so its definitely the cab block thats causing it. Whenever I enable the cab - its as if its summing the left and right signals - either at the input or output.

If I delete the block, and add a new one its the same - so m guessing theres some setting somewhere set to sum L/R or similar, though it can only be relevant to the cab blocks (as the cab is the last block in the chain and bypassing it gives me the correct delays).

Ive tried a system parameter reset - and its the same thing. I cant work out whats happening.

The cab is putting out a stereo signal - in that I can pan it hard left and hard right and I get sound out of the correct speaker - its just summing (or using just left or just right) the signal.

Anyone shed any light on this? Its driving me nutts.

Either set the Cab's INPUT SELECT to STEREO (PG2) or place the Delay after the Cab block.
I'm not sure, but I also think that a lot of ROOM could cause this, since I suspect that the input to the ambience processor is summed.

Input is set to stereo.

Moving the delay block post cab does make it work - but as I split my signal pre cab and send one to my power amp via OP 2 then the other through the cab ir - I kind of need the delay pre cab (I know Im not getting ping pong via the amp/cab but thats fine).

I tried the preset "run like Heck". This has the delay post cab and it works - If I move the cab after the delay block I get the same issue - so not sure its a problem within my cab setting as such as thats a factory preset.

You need to choose a "stereo" cab block mode. Also make sure the Pan L & Pan R parameters are fully left/right, unless you want to reduce stereo width at the cab block.

OK - found it. Though it hadnt worked, but L/R pans were central as well. Once hard panned Its fine.

10 years into the AFX journey and Im still learning stuff.......

Back
Top Bottom