Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

Here's a few presets I made with the new amp models in Q10.01 :

And in case you missed it - it's in the Q10.00 thread - here's my first test of Quantum 10 :

Wow... very impressive. Will you be making these presets available ? Thanks

Needs to be another update now. You can't leave 10.01 it's too binary with odd numbers.

It's almost like lol with an extra "o".

That's good to know Moke thanks for sharing that info. How much tweaking on average did your presets need to get them where you like again with 10.01?
None really....:cool:

I might end up bumping up the 'Bass' in some of the amp blocks and/or raise the 'Low Cut' in the Cab blocks, since it seems like you can get away with a bit more now???

Last edited:
Today I spent a few hours in the studio with FW Q10.01 (updated from Q9.04). Just by playing the guitar alone I didn't felt any special going on. Then I re-recorded a few parts of the latest song I am working on.
That was when/where I felt the difference. It's hard to describe in words (especially that English is not my native language) what is that I heard. The tone was the same but also different, the guitar was more dynamic/organic with Q10.01. I couldn't hear anything that others are saying about changed highs, maybe 10.01 has a tiny bit less edge in a good way. It doesn't take away from the presence of the guitar it just sweetens it.
The real difference what I heard was in the low spectrum of the frequency. Q10.01 has a little bit less lows than Q9.04 but that's easy to overcome. After paying more attention to the low frequencies, finally I heard clearly a difference. In Q9.04 there's a constant low frequency which is gone in Q10.01. Q10.01 has enough low end, palm mutes strike you in your guts, but it is just simply clearer than Q9.04. In Q9.04 it was harder to get the right balance between massive guitar sound but yet still clear. In Q10.01 it's just simply clearer.
I think this controlled low end in Q10.01 makes the guitar feel more dynamic. Maybe I am mistaken, that's not the only reason Q10.01 is more dynamic, but I am sure the enhancements on the low end are contributing to it.
All I had to do to make the make the perceived tone on Q10.01 as it was on Q9.04, I lowered the cutoff frequency in the CAB block from 135HZ to 120Hz. Even if the perceived tone was the same, with the Q10.01 I could hear with more detail the bass guitar also. I came to the conclusion it is also because of the lack of constant low frequency that was there in Q9.04.
Worth mentioning all my observation are based on one single amp, the Recto 2 Red.

Ooops, I almost forgot, thank you FAS!!!

Last edited:
Here's a few presets I made with the new amp models in Q10.01 :

And in case you missed it - it's in the Q10.00 thread - here's my first test of Quantum 10 :

Sounds awesome, but you do know this is just teasing for us AX8 users!

Just installed the new update on the XL+. My go to preset is a Plexi Jumpered 100watt. Immediately could hear improvements.

Thanks!

Firmware sounds killer! Thank you for all of the hard work and dedication. There is one bug that I've found on my mark 1. When changing banks via my MFC, I lose output to output 1. Output 2 still behaves properly. VU meters show signal and input lights are also indicating signal. The only way to restore output 1 is to restart the device. It was posted in a thread in the bugs section but I am unable to link to it for some reason.

I also have Axe Fx Mark I, and after reading Your post tried all kinds of scrolling and changing banks via MFC (mark III). All good on my side, haven't lost the output or anything. Maybe something else is an issue on Your side?

Needs to be another update now. You can't leave 10.01 it's too binary with odd numbers.

It's almost like lol with an extra "o".
Look at it this way: Arm, eye, nose, eye, arm. the flag of the "1" is like a hand/finger pointing down at the axe.
He's like shocked and pointing at the thing he's shocked at. So good!

Did the Ares improvements affect the tone matching block? I was having pretty meh results using Youtube tracks to match for the longest time but I tried again this weekend on a whim and things seem to sound much more accurate to my ears

Did the Ares improvements affect the tone matching block? I was having pretty meh results using Youtube tracks to match for the longest time but I tried again this weekend on a whim and things seem to sound much more accurate to my ears
Getting a tone clone isn't just about Eq matching, which is what the tone mach block does, it's also about getting the gain character right.

I also have Axe Fx Mark I, and after reading Your post tried all kinds of scrolling and changing banks via MFC (mark III). All good on my side, haven't lost the output or anything. Maybe something else is an issue on Your side?

Thanks for checking. Away from my Axe right now, but I’ll check again in a bit and see if there’s something else that might be the issue.

Back
Top Bottom