Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Sure wish they had the ability to produce, test and ship at higher volumes. At a minimum, it would be great to get estimated wait time based on which day we got on the wait list. I'm not in a rush, but if, for example, Fractal were to tell me that based on my wait list email stamp that I'm not getting an invite until next year, then I might spend the extra dollars and skip the line. But I'm not going to do that if they are not going to give guidance because I don't want to find out that the line moves quickly over the next few weeks. I absolutely appreciate the option to pay more to skip the line, but it's hard to judge if the extra dollars is paying for a week, month or a year of extra time with the unit. It's the lack of information that I think keeps people from spending the extra money. For example, hypothetically, f we were told it's 3 yrs away from buying, I'm confident many here would just spend the extra money and not wait. But each person has a different value on the wait time. Someone may never pay the extra $1k and others may pay the $1k or more if they found out they won't get the unit until next year.

Given the limited supply and huge demand, the best option would be to auction each unit off on eBay (and several at a time). This way the Fractal optimizes/maximizes their revenue. They can set the min bid at the lowest profit margin acceptable (and they already know their demand today based on current pricing). Everyone can bid the absolute most they are willing to pay at that time, and as demand decreases the prices will fall (but maybe not in which case Fractal clears them at a higher price than they expected and make more money - good for them, or the price ends up lower and the move more volume). Essentially the $1000 skip the line number would be set today by the market, and might be higher or lower based on real time bidding. Most of us have to wait anyway, so at least everyone would be able to bid and have a chance and winning the unit today. If not, they can bid on the next one and watch the pricing history to determine if they want to just pay for it or wait it out until supply increases or demand decreases (Fractal controls the supply through number of auctions and market dictates the demand). Real time pricing (Uber, etc) is a real trend that we are all going to see more of going forward. If someone doesn't like the price, they can't complain to Fractal as they didn't set it - the market did. Just some thoughts to help me get through the wait time. ;-)

Wow-Sorry but that doesn't sound so good at all. Have people bidding against each other? You call that the BEST option? That would END FAS as a great company..........

Wow-Sorry but that doesn't sound so good at all. Have people bidding against each other? You call that the BEST option? That would END FAS as a great company..........

It's just the internal bargaining of someone who wants one now, but doesn't want to pay $3500. In today's instant-gratification culture, waiting is hard.

It's just the internal bargaining of someone who wants one now, but doesn't want to pay $3500. In today's instant-gratification culture, waiting is hard.

I know, I am way back on list due to being in the hospital. But bidding wars? Anyway, doesn't matter, Fractal is much more than that.

Last edited:
Wait List Request: Jan 29th, 3:52pm EST
Invite: May 2, 1:07pm EST

:D

Actual purchase... might have to wait a week or so!

:mad:

Yes... I'm quoting myself... and it might not be the first time! :p

It took a bit of time, but I've determined I have to pass on buying a III at this time... so someone else gets to move up a spot on the list. :D

It's a disappointment, but my XL+ will "just have to do" for the time being... ;)

Such a shame... I really wanted to try the 8-line plex delay... and taking full advantage of channels... and... and...

It took a bit of time, but I've determined I have to pass on buying a III at this time... so someone else gets to move up a spot on the list. :D

It's a disappointment, but my XL+ will "just have to do" for the time being... ;)

Such a shame... I really wanted to try the 8-line plex delay... and taking full advantage of channels... and... and...

Decided to do the same... with swamped schedule for coming months (including summer holiday) I choose to stay on a stable platform for now. More play, less tweak/update/re-tweak.

I´ll be back! (I bet you heard Arnolds voice while reading that) ;)

I know how you feel! I came to the same conclusion but went ahead anyway. Not as smart/patient as you.

My confirmation was 2/3 in the am. At this pace, I won't get a purchase invite until sometime next year, even with you guys dropping out. Not at all what I was expecting. I am considering ether the AX8 or FX ii+ (or a non-FA option) to tide me over. This isn't about a lack of patience, but the need for a working tool now. I can't bring myself to pay an extra $1,000 to jump the line for the iii. Please shoot me your best suggestions.

My confirmation was 2/3 in the am. At this pace, I won't get a purchase invite until sometime next year, even with you guys dropping out. Not at all what I was expecting. I am considering ether the AX8 or FX ii+ (or a non-FA option) to tide me over. This isn't about a lack of patience, but the need for a working tool now. I can't bring myself to pay an extra $1,000 to jump the line for the iii. Please shoot me your best suggestions.
Both the ax8 and axe fx 2 are excllent pieces of gear. If you need something now I would recomend a used axe fx that you can likely sell for very close to what you would pay for it now. As for the wait list I strongly suspect that once we hit Febuary things will begin to move much faster as the curve of early sing ups begins to drop off.

You never know! I really wasn’t expecting my number to come in until the end of summer and it came in much earlier than expected. There probably is was a lot of people clustered in the first couple of days or weeks and then it thins out from there.

Confirmation: 1/29 10:51 P.M. EST
Invitation: 5/14 1:07 P.M. EST
Order placed: 5/16 12:19 P.M. EST

(I am on vacation across the country so I waited to ensure I would be home)

Back
Top Bottom