Emergency help needed!!

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
just got my rig set up for the weekend at church and it won't power on, popped the case and it seems like the fuse is blown, does anyone know the specific fuse? I have 1 hour before gig starts

I think it is a 2.5A slow-blow

Trying to find out where to verify.

Definetly check all the connections as that is often the culprit.

Last edited:
on short notice I could find slow blow so I had to use a regular 2.5, I'll get a slow blow after the weekend but are there any dangers to running with this type of fuse?

on short notice I could find slow blow so I had to use a regular 2.5, I'll get a slow blow after the weekend but are there any dangers to running with this type of fuse?
It'll blow more easily than a slow-blow. If there's a big transient spike, which often happens when you turn switching supplies off or on, it'll blow a non slow-blow fuse. A slow-blow fuse allows for some spikes, but not prolonged high voltage.

Reactions: Rex
It'll blow more easily than a slow-blow. If there's a big transient spike, which often happens when you turn switching supplies off or on, it'll blow a non slow-blow fuse. A slow-blow fuse allows for some spikes, but not prolonged high voltage.
c/voltage/current. :)

Otherwise, spot-on. :cool:

Sheesh Jason this is hectic! Did you have to go out to a shop for the fuse? And did you start on time?

Things like this really shake my confidence right before playing live, hope things went smoothly for you in the end!

Sheesh Jason this is hectic! Did you have to go out to a shop for the fuse? And did you start on time?

Things like this really shake my confidence right before playing live, hope things went smoothly for you in the end!
yeah, got it sorted with 30 minutes to spare. thankfully there was a Lowe's nearby. Will def be adding a few fuses to my equipment bag, though. Was definitely freaked out for a bit though...when I hit that power switch and nothing happened my heart dropped, lol.

also thanks everyone for your help. I'd found the different threads when searching but the fact that the fuse slot said something different was confusing.

...Things like this really shake my confidence right before playing live, hope things went smoothly for you in the end!

I've had it happen before with tube amps. None of our gear is 100% fail-proof. This is a good reminder for me to pick up a spare fuse or two and have them in the gig bag at shows.

also thanks everyone for your help. I'd found the different threads when searching but the fact that the fuse slot said something different was confusing.

The numbers on the slot were most likely referring to the max capacity of that fuse holder. Definitely not the fuse itself.

Back
Top Bottom