Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

During the last days I was working a lot with the 65'BassguyBass to emulate Gilmour's Cluster Two tone. I had an issue with the low frequencies when I selected the neck pickup that I could not happily solve with EQ (it sounded too thin when I reduced these frequencies). Now, with Q10, it sounds pleasant. It seems like the tone has more "definition".

Mil gracias, Maestro Cliff!!

Had a chance to check out 10.01 today for the a bit. Backed up everything first (of course).

The high-end seemed more articulate, without being harsh. The low-end seemed more controlled. Like you could get away with more without it getting out of hand?

The best news of all is.... It didn't wreck any of my 600+ presets!!! :D:cool: They all seem to sound as good or better.

I'm loving it!

Did this quick video before work today, amazingly dynamic beast.

Hey Nicholas - really nice tones there with 10.01 !! :)

I dont have my XL anymore, but massive props to Fractal for continuing the FW updates for the Axe 2 and even including some ARES goodies in there too ..... to do this for a close-out product is unheard of :)

Ben

Hey Nicholas - really nice tones there with 10.01 !! :)

I dont have my XL anymore, but massive props to Fractal for continuing the FW updates for the Axe 2 and even including some ARES goodies in there too ..... to do this for a close-out product is unheard of :)

Ben

Thanks Ben!

My compliments to the Chef, definitely an improvement in terms of high end clarity, bass frequencies seem tighter too. Just seems like there is more information all around, even with high gain settings, full 7 string chord note sonorities stack up even higher. The biggest improvement from a firmware so far to my ears. Thank you Cliff!

So for those who’ve updated to 10.01, what is the biggest difference from 9.04. I am really happy with 9.04 so I’m wondering what you guys are hearing. Also, have you noticed a CPU increase?
I hear it with individual notes, a bit more freshness. But to me its more easily "told" by the way (to my ear, anyway) simultaneous note combinations remain distinct, contrasting with more clarity. Especially tones that include different pitches and timbres; even some pretty dissonant partials sound swirled, whipped & buttery, like when playing a "Hendrix Chord" with a lot of gain and bending each string of the chord differently.

Its like the overtones are more carefully processed through the virtual circuitry. Okay you little guys, behaves yaselves.

Last edited:
To me its all about the way to my ear combinations remain distinct and contrasting with clarity, that include different pitches and timbres; even some pretty dissonant partials sound swirled, whipped & buttery, like when playing a "Hendrix Chord" with a lot of gain and bending each string of the chord differently.

Its like the overtones are more carefully processed through the virtual circuitry.

Same impression I have. The Axe already impressed me with how well it handled chords with dissonant intervals through high gain sounds. The chordal notes are even more distinct and richer now.

First gig last night - everythings sounds more muscle with a great bass response, mid rich sound. Single notes seem to be "bigger" on every string. I`ve only updated, no amps reseted.

The sparkle in the highs at clean sounds like AC 30, AC 20 has been gone - but maybe sounds now right - I´ve got mid sounding blues Singlecoils. Makes a lot of fun to play with it!

Well....this is one hell of an update. The biggest differences I've noticed are more clarity on high gain amps. Without a doubt the note separation is just incredible. You can hear every note crystal clear on sustained arpeggios, even on the ballsiest of amps. Incredible separation. I've noticed a little more high end so don't be surprised if you have to turn down the highs a tad. Low end is HUGE sounding. DAAAMMMNNN! It already sounded killer in 9.04, but it is massive now. I noticed an overall level drop so I'm having to go through with the VU meter and adjust them back to my usual settings. No difference in CPU that I can tell from 9.04. Best my II has ever sounded.

Thank you Cliff, genuinely appreciated.

Cliff,
It is very rare in this very corporate world to find someone as dedicated as you are to your product. I am fairly new to this community, but I have gotten nothing but joy from my AxeFxIIXL. Whenever you put out a firmware upgrade it is like going to the music store and coming home with a new toy to try out! I just wanted to say thank you, and it is obvious to me that 99.99999% of this community feel the same.

Had a chance to check out 10.01 today for the a bit. Backed up everything first (of course).

The high-end seemed more articulate, without being harsh. The low-end seemed more controlled. Like you could get away with more without it getting out of hand?

The best news of all is.... It didn't wreck any of my 600+ presets!!! :D:cool: They all seem to sound as good or better.

That's good to know Moke thanks for sharing that info. How much tweaking on average did your presets need to get them where you like again with 10.01?

Firmware sounds killer! Thank you for all of the hard work and dedication. There is one bug that I've found on my mark 1. When changing banks via my MFC, I lose output to output 1. Output 2 still behaves properly. VU meters show signal and input lights are also indicating signal. The only way to restore output 1 is to restart the device. It was posted in a thread in the bugs section but I am unable to link to it for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom