Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.00 Firmware Release

Hi guys, are there more detailed release notes anywhere?
Do I need to do something to my presets for update to take effect? Re-initialize amp/cab block or something...Thanks!

Hi guys, are there more detailed release notes anywhere?
Do I need to do something to my presets for update to take effect? Re-initialize amp/cab block or something...Thanks!

Hi Harry, welcome aboard!

The release notes do not have any detailed info on this release.

If you read earlier in this thread you will see I asked the same question about initialising the presets and it was answered. Basically the Release Notes do not say you have to do anything, so you can assume that you don't have to. Having said that, I always tend to reselect the Amp in the Amp Block anyway just in case, and I know which advanced parameters I have changed so I check them to see if they are still needed or not.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Rex
Try reading posts in their entirety, then the answers become apparent. The friedmans are fine. The new friedman 2018 model is broken

Which parts of Ares have we got exactly. Has anyone seen extended description?
What "parts" does Ares even consist of?! I don't think anyone but Cliff (and maybe staff members at Fractal, but I doubt that!) knows. All we know is that the III sounds better than the II because of a better amp simulation and more processing power. The improved amp simulation is called Ares, which is a marketing term, nothing else.

So what exactly are you asking for here?

Is anyone else feeling the recto 2 more spongier, with less attack ?
I just did a side-by-side comparison. The two tones are really close. The only difference I'm hearing is a touch more upper-midrange clarity, but it's subtle.. To my ears, the attack is identical. Switching between them while I'm playing note runs or chugs — or even just holding a chord while I switch between them — they're scary close.

Hi Rex.since you already updated to the new firmware could you please tell me if the trichirus from the the III is included ?thank you

I just did a side-by-side comparison. The two tones are really close. The only difference I'm hearing is a touch more upper-midrange clarity, but it's subtle.. To my ears, the attack is identical. Switching between them while I'm playing note runs or chugs — or even just holding a chord while I switch between them — they're scary close.
Maybe on default settings but with advanced parameters set it's very different here...

this preset uses a custom cab but just use a factory F062 by example ;)
That will be work for another day (it's late here :)).

My point is this: if they sound nearly the same at default settings, and you can still stretch every parameter in both directions, then you still have a full palette of sounds and responses available to you. Non?

Back
Top Bottom