Wah & solo boost at same time with expression pedal?

Denny Soliday

I apologize if this topic has been beat to death but I cannot seem to find a resolution. I would like to use an expression pedal as a Wah & solo boost at same time? Basicaly just kick on a 2 or 3db booost when activating the wah. Is this at all possible?

Are you using an expression pedal with an additional switch? When you could easily assign the same external modifier which activates the Wah to the bypass of a drive block.
I am using something like that to activate a volume block for a parallel Wah/Shunt routing.

Set up the Boost with the same Modifier number as the Wah. You might have to play with the curve to keep the boost from turning off when you heel down on the wah.

If boosting in front of amp, you could just use the wah output level.

If boosting after the amp, assign a modifier to a volume block or filter output level. Set min and max to the same value, which is the amount of dB you want to boost and make it auto engage.

Or you could just keep the volume or filter block on all the time and modify the modifier curve so heel down is zero boost, as soon as you start rocking forward to goes to maximum very quickly. Might sound smoother than using autoengage.

Or you could just keep the volume or filter block on all the time and modify the modifier curve so heel down is zero boost, as soon as you start rocking forward to goes to maximum very quickly. Might sound smoother than using autoengage.
This is what I ended up doing. Works pretty well!

Back
Top Bottom