Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I'm new here. Got ax8 today. Want to edit ax8 with iPad. I just ordered the Yamaha interface. You have an app available for $49 on iPad. Will it allow me to wirelessly edit the ax8? Should I try the lite version first? What's the difference? Thank you
Yes, only if you have the Yamaha UD-BT01
The MD-bt01 is for axefx only

The lite version is a demo for you to check the connection works and see basic parameters editing in the amp block only and few other things...

What os is the kindle fire ?
I mean which android version ?

It is a Fire 10 HD. I don’t have one but was considering one.

According to a review it’s “Fire OS 5.5 (a heavily modified version of Google's Android)”

The review also mentions how you can’t access Google Play on a Fire, so I am not sure how I could get FracPad on there.

It is a Fire 10 HD. I don’t have one but was considering one.

According to a review it’s “Fire OS 5.5 (a heavily modified version of Google's Android)”

The review also mentions how you can’t access Google Play on a Fire, so I am not sure how I could get FracPad on there.
Then Google says it's based on Android 4...too old

Other links say the fire hd 10(2017) is fire os 5.6, so android 5.1
Then it should work

FracPad doesn't need a playstore access, it's just an apk file to install

Then Google says it's based on Android 4...too old

Other links say the fire hd 10(2017) is fire os 5.6, so android 5.1
Then it should work

FracPad doesn't need a playstore access, it's just an apk file to install

Thanks for the info. I am looking for a tablet in general. I was originally thinking a Windows one but there aren’t any affordable ones for my basic needs. Then I saw the Fire at a good price. My friend has a Fire so I will see if his version could get the demo on there.

Loved the app by the way! I put it on my Windows PC to try it out. Now I just need an affordable tablet to run it on.

Thanks for the info. I am looking for a tablet in general. I was originally thinking a Windows one but there aren’t any affordable ones for my basic needs. Then I saw the Fire at a good price. My friend has a Fire so I will see if his version could get the demo on there.

Loved the app by the way! I put it on my Windows PC to try it out. Now I just need an affordable tablet to run it on.
Used iPad Air 2 are good ones for cheap here

I’m happy to report that the demo version worked fine on my friend’s Kindle Fire 10. He just got it the end of last year so it’s the newest generation. I just ordered one along with the adapter and I’ll be getting FracPad as soon as it comes in.

I’m happy to report that the demo version worked fine on my friend’s Kindle Fire 10. He just got it the end of last year so it’s the newest generation. I just ordered one along with the adapter and I’ll be getting FracPad as soon as it comes in.
Great :)
Thanks for reporting

Just wanna say now that my Axe III is here FracPad is more useful than ever for me. :D

I kept my AxeFx II and reconfigured it into a more grab and go type rack case and FracPad is now my primary editor for that rig and AE is my backup. Using it with the wireless MIDI adapter is sweet.

Hopefully you will be able to support the III too with some of your cool software, Al, once it hits your area... The III is begging for a FracTool. ;)

Been some time since I used FracPad. I fired it up today and it looks and works perfectly. Especially the various display modes ("Performance", "Big" etc.) look fantastic.

Got my Kindle Fire 10 and got FracPad working fine with the usb connection. Yay!

Bluetooth not working but that’s okay as I knew that wasn’t guaranteed anyway.

Got my Kindle Fire 10 and got FracPad working fine with the usb connection. Yay!

Bluetooth not working but that’s okay as I knew that wasn’t guaranteed anyway.
I doubt kindle is btle compatible.
Which app did you use to try the bt communication?
I use Midi BLE connect on Android 7 and 8 successfully

FracPad 1.20 is available !
- Adds a new options window, fully reworked. Definitely check your options :)
settings.jpg
- Adds a new editing mode, suggested by @Nero : Horizontal Faders. Simpler, more readable and more precise on touch devices edition.jpg
- Adds import/export ability of scene names and songs/sets created in performance mode
- Various bug fixes

When I update FracPad on my iPad (iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3) I get the message "Would you like to download the latest compatible version? This version of FracPad is not suitable for this device". When I open FracPad after updating it says version 1.17 instead of 1.20. Remove app and re-install didn't help. Any idea?

When I update FracPad on my iPad (iPad 4, iOS 10.3.3) I get the message "Would you like to download the latest compatible version? This version of FracPad is not suitable for this device". When I open FracPad after updating it says version 1.17 instead of 1.20. Remove app and re-install didn't help. Any idea?
The AppStore states :
Compatibility
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.

Why, i don't know
Probably the ios version?

Hi ,
I set up several new presets. All ok on the PC. Got to the studio with an IPad (4), and it wipped out my presets. So I tried to link the Ipad to the AX8. The presets now appear, but the Drive is NOT the drive I have saved on the AX8. How do I set my Ipad to Match my AXE8?
Thanks (the new Fracpad won't load on my ipad)
Hugh

Hi ,
I set up several new presets. All ok on the PC. Got to the studio with an IPad (4), and it wipped out my presets. So I tried to link the Ipad to the AX8. The presets now appear, but the Drive is NOT the drive I have saved on the AX8. How do I set my Ipad to Match my AXE8?
Thanks (the new Fracpad won't load on my ipad)
Hugh
Set it to poll preset names at startup.

Back
Top Bottom