Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Well fellas, I was born in 1954, and I have lived through all of the eras of guitar and rock, etc., but I am still playing guitar strong as ever.
So with that said, I think this thread needs to stay on track, and back to reporting invitation times. That is the focus here for us who do want an AXE FX III, and who do not think guitar is dead...
Just saying...

I'm on the waitlist just like everyone else in this thread. I currently own a Kemper and am selling it as soon as I get my invite, I also returned my FX8 to fractal for store credit last week to be used towards the AXE3 because I hate the Reverb in the Kemper and could not get the FX8 to sound right with the Kemper.

I originally sold my AXE2 because I like the far greater ease of just buying a good profile vs having to tweak a fractal, but the Kemper Reverb just sucks so bad and Kemper has no plans to fix it. I couldn't get the FX8 to connect to the Kemper without all kinds of weird artifacts and noise, and no one on the Fractal forum or Kemper Forum would help me with that issue, so my only solution is to go back to Fractal get the AXE3, hope I can pay someone to tweak the amps in it for me or something and then at least I will have quality effects to go with it. I almost bought Strymons big 3 pedals but decided if I can't get the FX8 to hook up right with the Kemper then I probably won't be able to get pedals to work right either. I can't deal with that kinda stress. I just need a box that can do it all. When I had the Axe 2 it stressed me out that I couldn't get my presets to sound like Mark Days videos, and I thought maybe the grass was greener with Kemper, but it really wasn't, yes I could get that Mark Day tone with the Kemper easy, but what good is great tone if it's ruined by Reverb that sucks? So here I go with Fractal again, with the Axe 3. I was one of the first people to buy the Standard Axe1 when it came out in 2004 or whatever. Even back in 1990 I hated real amps, loathed them, prefered the Rocktron Voodu Valve back then to real amps, so I've always been a digital guy.

Back on topic........

Wait List Request 1/29/18 4:35pm CDT
Invite Received 5/2/18 12:20pm CDT
Ordered 5/2/18 12:26pm CDT

WOOT!

What's being ignored by battlerabbits (he's mostly correct) and those who disagree with his assessment is the extraordinary amount of death metal that is being produced worldwide. This where the torch was passed from the guitar gods (Vai, Rhoads, Petrucci, Malmsteen) to the thousands of bands active today, a large percentage of which use Fractal products. These guitarists play such intense compositions that their lives are consumed with practice and writing, they don't join forums to talk gear. They may not sell a ton of CDs or be able to tour successfully, but they do buy incredible amounts of high end gear. Guitar isn't dead. Discerning listeners are though.

I totally agree with you that yes Death Meatl/Thrash/Black Metal is just as much alive and well if not more so than it was back in the 80/90s.... The reason why I "ignored" it in my postings, is because I don't listen to music that is to that level of a extreme any more, I outgrew it. In my teenage years I had some anger, and I listened to Slayer, Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Possessed, Venom, and Cannibal Corpse and Vio-Lence back then.... But, once I got to the age of about 18 I completely outgrew that, it started lacking dynamics to me and I could no longer relate to that extreme hostility, anger and agression... and I just can't listen to it today because it's just to satanic and negative in general, besides it's so extreme I just don't hear real melody in it.

But that's the only reason I didn't bring it up.... other than that, I totally agree with you, yes Death Metal survived the 80/90s and is still thriving. I only wish the same could be said about the Glam Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal/Grunge that I love so much.

yes Death Metal survived the 80/90s and is still thriving. I only wish the same could be said about the Glam Rock/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal/Grunge that I love so much.

I just had to drop by and say I’m SOOO glad glam metal and most of that garbage died. I can’t figure out how it ever even lived... Hard rock, grunge, and metal? Oh it’s alive and doing better than it ever has now that it’s back to being niche and you don’t have to worry about selling 10 million copies to even be viable. Now it hides in places where people who appreciate it go, instead of being foisted upon a public as a possible option when trying to decide between Beyoncé or Adele albums.

We wouldn’t be having the explosion of amp and pedal makers if guitar was dead. The $$ doesn’t lie...

That being said, I got my confirmation at 1:44-ish pst, and just received my purchase invitation

Confirmation 1/29 4:24 EDT
Invite Rec'd 5/2 1:10 PM

Decided to pass.......purchased a UA OX and new Two Rock Bloomfield Drive Amp for touring and gigging.

Listened to the AxeFX III and as good as it sounds, I like the new Bloomfield Drive sound, feel and vibe.
Good luck to all the AxeFx III is a killer unit.

This way, someone else can take advantage of my wait list slot.

DakotaSkye

I sent my email to Fractal Audio 1/29 @ 11:00 am PST, for some reason me and my friend who sent his at 10:30 shows on our gmails that they were sent @ 2:38 PST, that was BS, so my invite time was 1/29 2:39 PST, 5:39 EST, received my invite 5/2 @ 10:20 am PST 1:20 EST, can’t say this has been a pleasurable experience, I believe there is room to improve on this procedure, but I have purchased mine now, so I guess I should stop whining now, I am not a regular forum user so you won’t hear from me until the Axe FX III special edition, or the IV, good luck to everyone later.

Confirmation 1/29 4:24 EDT
Decided to pass.......purchased a UA OX and new Two Rock Bloomfield Drive Amp for touring and gigging.

Listened to the AxeFX III and as good as it sounds, I like the new Bloomfield Drive sound, feel and vibe.
Good luck to all the AxeFx III is a killer unit.

This way, someone else can take advantage of my wait list slot.

DakotaSkye
you got a killer rig too.

Back
Top Bottom