Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

I think its not the ideal scenario that Fractal wanted but it is what it is , nothing can be done at the moment so constant threads will not change that .but telling people its not a big deal isn't fair either everyone has different needs . to me having it self power , display patch names have access to the tuner are all pretty important to me , I don't want to have to buy custom cable to get something like the MC6 to power from the unit,

I don't want to abbreviate patch names to display , I don't want to buy an extra tuner or have to walk over to my rack and bend down in front to tune , again. can I live without these these things sure, but obviously the controller integration is a issue for many and I agree with their concerns

However as I said ,Cliff IMO has been transparent about the situation and I am sure they are doing all they can to get them completed and stocked so they don't have to see FC threads a week ,I think of their frustration and it is likely the same as ours

For those that have programmed the MFC to work with the 3 is it easy to switch back to the axefx 2 mode?
I haven't had time yet to play with setting up the MFC. Looks daunting....

For those that have programmed the MFC to work with the 3 is it easy to switch back to the axefx 2 mode?
I haven't had time yet to play with setting up the MFC. Looks daunting....

Actually, I did it yesterday as I had to send my III back :-( All you have to do is set the mode back to Axe FX (II, XL or XL+) & set the midi port back to expansion. Done! The trick is since you have to set all the cc#'s in the III yourself, use the same ones for everything you used on your II.

I order a MorningStar MC6 (arriving today?)... that's my interim solution for now. I'm sure it will be more than sufficient to gig with until a Fractal offering in this domain is ready for procurement.

Be like the Marines... adapt, improvise, survive!

Hmm...I'm "slumming" with a PODHD500x until I get my III. Wonder if I could us it as a controller for the III until the FC's are available?

i wonder if the lack of releasing the midi spec is related to the release of the FC pedals?

I'm still trying to understand what information is part of the unreleased midi specs. There aren't any midi values that are assigned to anything by default. I haven't bothered to even see if it spits out any midi info by default either. If not, maybe the lack of released midi spec is due to there not being any? My midi knowledge is strictly from a user standpoint, not as a programmer. So this is all alien to me. How does that work?

Hmm...I'm "slumming" with a PODHD500x until I get my III. Wonder if I could us it as a controller for the III until the FC's are available?

I used my POD HD 500 to control my AxeII, it worked a treat.
There was a preset that someone made on the line 6 forums.
I assume the x is the same tech.

Maybe I am missing something. In the Axe III if you go to the MIDI setup there are a lot of defaults assigned.

I was thinking of values assigned to effects blocks, tuner, etc, which I had to assign. But in regards to my wondering about what the term "midi specs" means, I saw the section in the wiki that talks about those things with the II, and I think I answered my own question. If I'm understanding correctly, it's codes you would send to the unit that in essence asks it questions, and then the Axe Fx returns information, like effect block states, etc. I know that's probably oversimplified, so please correct me if I'm wrong, and sorry for derailing the thread.

I was thinking of values assigned to effects blocks, tuner, etc, which I had to assign. But in regards to my wondering about what the term "midi specs" means, I saw the section in the wiki that talks about those things with the II, and I think I answered my own question. If I'm understanding correctly, it's codes you would send to the unit that in essence asks it questions, and then the Axe Fx returns information, like effect block states, etc. I know that's probably oversimplified, so please correct me if I'm wrong, and sorry for derailing the thread.

I am not in front of my III right now. I swear all of mine had assignments. I'll double check when I get home.

I'm still trying to understand what information is part of the unreleased midi specs. There aren't any midi values that are assigned to anything by default. I haven't bothered to even see if it spits out any midi info by default either. If not, maybe the lack of released midi spec is due to there not being any? My midi knowledge is strictly from a user standpoint, not as a programmer. So this is all alien to me. How does that work?

Ron at RJM needs the midi spec in order to make his controllers 100% compatible.

Ron at RJM needs the midi spec in order to make his controllers 100% compatible.

Is it the same information a person would need in order to make a functioning editor? Maybe they won't release that information until the new Axe-Edit is done.

Back
Top Bottom