What am I doing Wrong??

I got that "Axe FX Name Timeout" thing on the MFC-101 Mk3. So I rushed back and turned the Axe FX off, but then none of my switches on the MFC would do anything. It looked normal, but nothing changed when I'd press a switch.

I'm using Faslink with an Axe FX II XL+. XLR from Faslink jack on the MFC to the Faslink jack on the Axe FX. I'm confused cause on the MFC QUICK START GUIDE, it shows that this is a valid connection. But the MFC Owners Manual doesn't show that this is okay. It says I MUST use an adapter.

From the Faslink quickstart guide..........
WARNING: FASLINK™ or Ethernet/EtherCON powers the MFC. Do not also connect its AC Adapter to either the Axe-Fx II or MFC-101!

From the Manual.(page 8)........
faslink 1.png

From Page 13.......

faslink 2.png

Did you get it working alright yet?

I never had a timeout" screen when using only an ethernet cable to connect between the Axe FXII and MFC-101. I have an older Axe FXII that does not have FASLINK.

The only time I have ever had a "timeout" screen was since I bought an Axe FXIII and connected the MFC-101 to that with a midi cable and powered the MFC-101 by the AC Adapter. It only happens if I turn on the MFC-101 before I turn on the Axe FXIII. If I turn on the Axe FXIII first it is fine.

Back
Top Bottom