Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Curious, i have apple and android devices, does buying once get both versions or do they have to be bought separately?

Hi Al, I am having issues using the demo version on this device:

Cube Talk 9X U65GT, Android 4.4.2, MTK8392 Octa Core 1.7GHz - Official ROM
https://routerunlock.com/cube-talk-9x-u65gt-full-tablet-features-specifications-prices/

1) The app reads the preset at the Axe-FX II, but it freezes when I touch any block.
2) The app doesn't start when the USB OTG is connected. I have to connect it after starting the app.

Maybe this tablet is not compatible?

Is it worth to try installing a custom ROM with Android 6.0.1?

Thanks, Al. Is there an explanation of the set list feature anywhere? If not, I have a few questions and comments:
  • what are the CC# and CC$ columns?
  • There seem to be 2 setlist modes: edit and monitor - right?
  • MIDI CC values can only move forward thru the list not backwards?
  • Is there a way to scroll the list without causing any action "monitor" mode (where the current song is shown in a larger font)? When the current song goes past the last song on the screen, the list isn't automatically scrolling for me.
  • It would be great if the setlist would allow sending a MIDI Program Change on a channel other than what the FAS unit is responding to and/or vice versa: accept PC messages specifically for selecting the current song so that MIDI pedal programs could be sync'd. I only use a few patches on the Axe.

Last edited:
Thanks, Al. Is there an explanation of the set list feature anywhere? If not, I have a few questions and comments:
  • what are the CC# and CC$ columns?
  • There seem to be 2 setlist modes: edit and monitor - right?
  • MIDI CC values can only move forward thru the list not backwards?
  • Is there a way to scroll the list without causing any action "monitor" mode (where the current song is shown in a larger font)? When the current song goes past the last song on the screen, the list isn't automatically scrolling for me.
  • It would be great if the setlist would allow sending a MIDI Program Change on a channel other than what the FAS unit is responding to and/or vice versa: accept PC messages specifically for selecting the current song so that MIDI pedal programs could be sync'd. I only use a few patches on the Axe.
- CC# = CC number, CC$ = CC value. Here you can set which CC has to be set when a new song part is engaged
- Yes 2 modes : One where you edit your set, one where you play it live and use a specific IA (set in the setting mode) to engage next set part
- Yes only forward with the IA. otherwise use keyboard or mouse or finger
- No, it's a framework bug, i'll see if a workaround can be found
- It only sends CCs on a dedicated channel, which can be different from the fasDevice

Al, Fracpad won't work anymore in it's old version (FW 1.14 on my phone) and it will not search a download directly at startup. Anything I can do to get this reinstalled on my S6 ?

FracPad 1.19 is available !
- New UI style :)
- New icons
- Fixes android 4.4/5 compatibility broken in 1.18
- Better FX8 grid display
- Various bug fixes

I'm new here. Got ax8 today. Want to edit ax8 with iPad. I just ordered the Yamaha interface. You have an app available for $49 on iPad. Will it allow me to wirelessly edit the ax8? Should I try the lite version first? What's the difference? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom