I´ve been using the original Fractal AX8 presets to record some songs.

I use:
- preset 3-7 (5153 Red) for my heavier sounds. I search for a sound close to Anthrax, Testament, Sepultura, Kreator;
- preset 3-8 (Savageness) for hard rock. I search for a sound close to Van Halen, Satriani, early Ozzy and Def Leppard (those guys have killer guitar sounds live).

The presets sold on line didn´t sounded better for me than the 5153 and Savageness!

Am I wrong?
There´s better sounds out there?
What´s the best sounds out there for metal and hard rock?

Only you know what sounds "good" to you. There is no magic preset that appeals to everybody. Since it sounds like you are a tone chaser (and I mean that in a good way), you just have to jump in and either buy preset packs, use factory presets, or build your own. There are plenty of great players and packages out there at this point. I suggest @austinbuddy, @2112, @Moke, @fremen, @Glenn DeLaune, or others (sorry if I forgot to mention anyone). Some packs are free and others are for sale.

If it sounds good it is good. Once you've got a sound you like, rather than worrying about trying to make it sound better using the AX8 immerse yourself in playing guitar and capturing a great performance.
Of course! It´s all about making music and having fun.
My point is how to explore all the possibilities, and like a lot of people said, some presets sold on line make your "Fractal Experience" and therefore your playing more enjoyable.
Actually, they even mentioned some of your excelent presets!
Cheers.

Last edited:
My point is how to explore all the possibilities.

you need to learn man how to use the AX8,how?reading the manual,doing research,there are people that with only one preset play all the styles of music you mentioned before,if you are happy with factory presets stick to them or if you're curious about custom presets buy some,you need to test test test until you find what are you looking for.

I´ve been using the original Fractal AX8 presets to record some songs.

I use:
- preset 3-7 (5153 Red) for my heavier sounds. I search for a sound close to Anthrax, Testament, Sepultura, Kreator;
- preset 3-8 (Savageness) for hard rock. I search for a sound close to Van Halen, Satriani, early Ozzy and Def Leppard (those guys have killer guitar sounds live).

The presets sold on line didn´t sounded better for me than the 5153 and Savageness!

Am I wrong?
There´s better sounds out there?
What´s the best sounds out there for metal and hard rock?

I spent about a month tweaking my Super Marshall preset, adding a FAS Boost and really digging into the advanced parameters and developed what I think is a pretty awesome tone!. Then about a week after I had this thing of beauty created, I loaded up the factory 5150 and realized I created the same tone!! I still use my preset out of principle though.

I spent about a month tweaking my Super Marshall preset, adding a FAS Boost and really digging into the advanced parameters and developed what I think is a pretty awesome tone!. Then about a week after I had this thing of beauty created, I loaded up the factory 5150 and realized I created the same tone!! I still use my preset out of principle though.
Can you share your super preset to see if really a super preset?

Last edited:
Does it sound good??? All the presets I download and try don't quite sound as good as the videos. I'm curious how this sounds on someone else's set up.
i havent try the preset yet,i let you know how its sound with my strat.

It's tweaked for my Charvel w/ humbuckers (HSS). It's crazy how sensitive these units are to different pickups. Every guitar sounds different and it's magnified. I have the same preset saved for a guitar with Duncan Distortions but tweaked the Character settings and the filter block curve differently because the Duncans have more of a mid-humped voicing. It'll be interesting to see how the preset sounds for you.

Back
Top Bottom