MFC101 Mk III with Axe Fx III

So you lose SYNC using midi with Axe III.....what does that mean? I've searched Google and here and I am not getting the clarification on this. Do this mean that the IA lights for off and on won't work? Please elaborate? Thanks!

So you lose SYNC using midi with Axe III.....what does that mean? I've searched Google and here and I am not getting the clarification on this. Do this mean that the IA lights for off and on won't work? Please elaborate? Thanks!

You need to set the initial state of the IA's per preset, which is really easy to do with MFC-Edit. So if the drive block is already "on" when you select a preset, you just need to manually set that up ahead of time. Once you set that up, you won't really notice the difference from that standpoint. I couldn't tell any difference using my MFC with my Axe Fx III at the show last weekend since it was all programmed ahead of time.

You need to set the initial state of the IA's per preset, which is really easy to do with MFC-Edit. So if the drive block is already "on" when you select a preset, you just need to manually set that up ahead of time. Once you set that up, you won't really notice the difference from that standpoint. I couldn't tell any difference using my MFC with my Axe Fx III at the show last weekend since it was all programmed ahead of time.
Can you elaborate on how you set the initial state?

Can you elaborate on how you set the initial state?

In MFC-Edit, 2nd tab over. "PRESETS & EXT. DEVS". In the middle of the screen is a row of buttons labeled "Instant Access Switches initial state". The numbers correspond with the switches on the MFC. Click on the one you want to be "on" when the preset is selected. Green indicates an "on" state. In the picture I have below, switches 11, 13, and 17 are on when preset 34 is selected.

InitialStates.JPG

In MFC-Edit, 2nd tab over. "PRESETS & EXT. DEVS". In the middle of the screen is a row of buttons labeled "Instant Access Switches initial state". The numbers correspond with the switches on the MFC. Click on the one you want to be "on" when the preset is selected. Green indicates an "on" state. In the picture I have below, switches 11, 13, and 17 are on when preset 34 is selected.

InitialStates.JPG
Can you do this without using MFC edit? This would be the only time I'd use it and would be a waste IMO, to buy to set up 7 IA switches

Can you do this without using MFC edit? This would be the only time I'd use it and would be a waste IMO, to buy to set up 7 IA switches

I believe so. I'm not at the MFC right now, so I'm going from memory. I think when the unit isn't in "Axe Fx" mode and you select a preset, all you have to do is select the IA switch to change it to "on" and then hit the "Edit/Save" button. You'll see that the edit button flashes when you select an IA. I've since turned the "Edit" button off, which is also an option to do without the need for the editor, so that I couldn't accidentally change the initial IA states. The same holds true if you need to change it back to off, just switch it off and the edit button flashes since it knows the state has been change from what was saved in memory. Again, the edit button needs to be active. That's an option in the setup menu.

I also used the editor for setting up the IA's, naming them, naming the presets, and converting the files so that I can save them between my MFC-101 Mk II and Mk III (I have one as a backup). I'm not as familiar with doing some of these things without the editor, but I know that the manual does explain a few things.

Okay I'm still trying to figure his out.. One more question.

So if you send a scene change, the mfc will not know which blocks got turned on or off, so this can result in IAs going out of sync. Is this correct and if so is there anyway to correct this?

So if you send a scene change, the mfc will not know which blocks got turned on or off, so this can result in IAs going out of sync. Is this correct and if so is there anyway to correct this?

This is the one thing I haven't messed with yet, "Scenes" that is, since I wasn't ever using them anyway. Some of the others have though, so hopefully they can chime in. I've just been sticking strictly with Presets and IA's, and in that type of setup it works quite well after initial block states are set. The block states between Scenes sounded like it was a stumbling block, but I thought a few people were working that out in another thread. I thought they had a workaround if you stayed within a certain number of scenes, or something like that, but I don't remember if or how they did it. I'll see if I can find that thread.

Back
Top Bottom