NGD=Rick Turner Featherweight Model 1 Custom!

What a beauty... is it an active tone circuit? Curious about all the extra knobs with just the one pickup.
From the blurb on my guitar on the heartbreakers guitars website...

Drop dead gorgeous! This Rick Turner Model 1FW will leave you speechless. German Flamed Maple with color enhancement top and back with a Cedar Core. The Cedar core gives the guitar a slightly more acoustic tone. It can deliver all the searing leads that Mr. Buckingham plays, but if you want a little more acoustic usage, then this is your guitar. This FW (Featherweight) also comes in at about a pound lighter than a regular Mahogany Model 1. Coming in at a little under 7 pounds you'll find this guitar very comfortable on your body as well . Full electronics package includes: Hum Cancelling Rick Turner designed active pick up, Coil tap, Parametric EQ with Boost/ Cut Control, and Piezo with blending electronics. Brushed Gold Gotoh 510 tuners, Torrefied Flamed Maple neck, on and on! This thing has it all and is truly one of the coolest Model 1's we've seen in 7 years! For more info check out Rick Turner . Please call for all details! Nut Width 1 11/16" Scale Length 24.75" String Spacing 2" at the Bridge Top Wood: Flamed German Maple Back Wood: Flamed German Maple Body Wood: California Cedar

Very nice. The Model 1 is definitely an iconic design.
It is very nice, but going to take some getting used, all the Eq and gain options make it a little challenging to discover then recover the sweet spots, but she is a keeper.

Absolutely beautiful!!!! If she plays half as good as she looks then wow!!!!! Congrats!
thanks...Plays like a dream, actually. She begs to be handled fingerstyle, and who am I to refuse ? I am just starting to grok the built in preamp/PEQ blending options where the real magic takes place. Methinks.

Back
Top Bottom