Axe II spontaneously changes presets?

quark

Experienced
During a gig last week the axe decided to spontaneously change presets during a song. It switched to an empty preset and I thought it was a cable problem ... never thought to check the preset. Never had this happen before during many years of use and I hoped it was just a random digital glitch but it happened again last night during practice.

I have a ticket into support and expect to hear from them soon but I thought I'd check on the forum to see if anyone else has run into this problem and what they had to do to fix it.

The axe is powered up through a Furman P-1800PF, Output 1 went to a CLR also powered through the Furman, Output 2 went to the board. There were no other connections. I've also changed the battery in the Axe about a year ago.

Any suggestions for trouble shooting?

Just a quick note on Fractal Response Time. I sent an email to support about 5 minutes before the original post. They replied back before I had even finished the post. What a company! Their suggestion was to pull and reset the ribbon cables inside the unit and to spin the value wheel once the cables were disconnected. Well see if that did the trick.

Did you get the problem resolved? My son had this happen three times during a 1.5 hour live show a couple of days ago. It would jump like 100 or more presets away from where he was. Very frustrating as reliability in a live show is critical. I haven't contacted Fractal Support yet.

Did you get the problem resolved? My son had this happen three times during a 1.5 hour live show a couple of days ago. It would jump like 100 or more presets away from where he was. Very frustrating as reliability in a live show is critical. I haven't contacted Fractal Support yet.
It wasn't my problem... You might want to reply to the OP instead.

Just a quick note on Fractal Response Time. I sent an email to support about 5 minutes before the original post. They replied back before I had even finished the post. What a company! Their suggestion was to pull and reset the ribbon cables inside the unit and to spin the value wheel once the cables were disconnected. Well see if that did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom