The III seems like a bass dream machine (or just a dream machine period).

Well you've got my vote for Official Fractal Bass Guy, of course the vote that matters comes from FAS. I gotta get your bass cabs for my XL, since I think I'm going to hold onto it for the next year and see what happens with bass on the III, so I need to complete my plan to trick out my II better for bass.

Well the good thing about that is if you invest in my combo packs, you are basically future proof. You get the best of the XL offers, plus the ability to mix your own for the XL or III, and the ability to use the same cabs in any future backup device you get down the line.

Well the good thing about that is if you invest in my combo packs, you are basically future proof. You get the best of the XL offers, plus the ability to mix your own for the XL or III, and the ability to use the same cabs in any future backup device you get down the line.

Do you make any of these available for the AX8 as well ?

Yeah, his website's very easy to navigate and prices are way reasonable too, like 7.99 usd for each pack!

I actually picked out 6 packs of just bass files, though I have to wait a bit to actually get them, as my wife's on my case at the moment having just spent a small fortune on upgrades to the studio....however I'm starting a new project, so 50 bucks on bass cabs should be nothing...and hey, he's gotta a bunch of good guitar cabs....say, that Sunn 2x15 really sounds nice on guitar, is that the Sunn Model T Cliff has teased as coming our way at some point?

I am preparing for if and when such amps get modelled to have ir files ready and waiting, though I am getting pretty cool tones using mods of existing amp models alongwith these cab ir files.

I am glad that I could help people gain access to some rather cool sounding cabs and mics.

Yeah, the sound clips are great for comparing on his site too, as they're all re-amped, of course they're all so tasteful, that I'm like I could use any...or all of these.

Yeah, the sound clips are great for comparing on his site too, as they're all re-amped, of course they're all so tasteful, that I'm like I could use any...or all of these.
You don't know how much grief people on the internet tell me about how my clips suck, my hands must be crippled, etc.

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

I think they're missing the point that they can actually compare the sonic differences in the IRs with the re-amping, but maybe you should throw them a few bones and do some vids with an ace throwing down some awe inspiring riffs that are more like hype for what could be achieved, then what actual results will likely be, I think those are way less useful in comparing IRs, but likely good for sales.

I think they're missing the point that they can actually compare the sonic differences in the IRs with the re-amping, but maybe you should throw them a few bones and do some vids with an ace throwing down some awe inspiring riffs that are more like hype for what could be achieved, then what actual results will likely be, I think those are way less useful in comparing IRs, but likely good for sales.
yeah the whole ace throwing down solo thing is counter to how I like to present my wares.

great sounding solo clips are only useful if you are performing unaccompanied imho. if you are making music in a mix of instruments, such solo optimized sounds are more problematic.

that's why when people use my ir files for their projects and let me know, I link to them.

I know it's totally just hype, very Line6-ish, I think those vids should be required to come with a big YMMV warning!

Yeah, I think I saw one of those links and got to check out someone's cool project...which is always fun, I really don't even listen to record company produced music anymore, too many actual inspired artists reaching out through the internet to bother with that canned music!

Starting on a new project (or three), will definitely be using some of your IRs, mostly go for classic bass tones (as opposed to the "monster metal" tones that so many seem to seek at the moment), I split the signal (usually full range, sometimes hi/lo split) one side dirty, one clean and use a bunch of different gear like an old A/DA STD-1 for chorus , so it's the Axe FX and an Ampeg SVP-CL and/or Fender TBP-1, plus some outboard gear I like to use though the Axe can really do the same thing.

Guitars are layers of me doing mostly crunch rhythm through the Axe and my ace buddy running through an old modded tube amp (or two), plus maybe his real Leslie (he's the one that got me to buy the Axe so he could save his presets and then got on this "all real" kick, go figure - I'm so glad I got it though and keep telling him it's better then real in many ways, but he won't touch it!)...

Anyway, seems disingenuous to present any of our finished tracks as being this, or that, or the Axe, it's a bunch of stuff (and pretty eclectic, a lot of 60s/70s and 90s Alternative/Industrial influence, but we mix in everything from Country to Metal and even have a show tune influenced bit planned for this next one).

Would just like to point out that there is already a new guitar amp added to firmware for Axe-Fx III. Of course, no bass amp, and not even a peep about a future of anything new for bass in response to any thread.

Just what it needs, another guitar amp! :p Oh well, maybe we'll see the same pattern of lack of development for bass, the II certainly has plenty of power to still be improved for bass and the III should be every bit as good for bass as guitar, but not if they don't push the envelope in that direction, it'll just be more missed potential.

Back
Top Bottom