Not a Bug PC reset bug on bypass state

alphahot1

Hi, it seems I've stumbled upon a bug. I read a very old thread for the ultra with the same bug.
If I save a block with a bypassed state and pc reset on, when I select the preset via PC everything is fine (the state is restored).
However if I had changed preset WHILE the block was in on state, I have to push the switch 3 times to activate the block. It seems like it is saving the block state (activated) even if it isn't really.
I have to add that my midi controller does not send the off state for the buttons when a preset is selected.
It's a bit hard to reproduce, I try to explain it with an example:
-assing extern1 switch to a delay block bypass.
-select pc rst on
-ensure that the delay is bypassed
-save the preset
-change preset and return to the saved preset: everything is working fine.
-turn the delay on via extern1 switch.
-change preset and select again the first preset: delay block is correctly bypassed, however I need to push extern1 3 times to have it activated again.

Thank you guys!

Hi, thanks for your answer. I'm using a voes mc-10.
I've already read the thread you linked, and I read it again 3 times right now LOL, from what I understand the state should be changing because I'm sending a value of 127 and the stored value is 0.
However it seems that the value should be 5% different from whichever previous value the controller is sending... and if that's true it means that the external controller state is more "global" than what I think and not preset-based.
This is indeed a problem for me because the controller is not sending on/off button state (I've already written a mail to Voes) and I can't have buttons state consistency between presets...

However it seems that the value should be 5% different from whichever previous value the controller is sending... and if that's true it means that the external controller state is more "global" than what I think and not preset-based.

Yes, that's how it works. The source (CC) needs to change 5% from the last value sent. Here the Ext Ctrl doesn't take control until the second press, which already matches the block state (bypassed), and then it engages on 3rd press.

Thanks it's cristal clear now, so my only hope is to have the controller send the on/off state on program change and not using the pc reset!

In the meantime I've activated the "global" button on the Voes wich carries over the button led state on preset change, and deactivated PC RST on the modifiers. But this way I've lost the ability to configure scenes and switch effects on&off within the same preset (not a big deal because I can use song specific presets using scenes only).

Back
Top Bottom