Klaughn pedal hits the 10k mark :/

Asking and getting are two different things. Put a crazy price up and everyone links to it on the forums, bringing page views to his other Reverb listings which is magnitudes higher than normal volume.

Unbelievable. For certain asking and getting are two doing things. Are they really gooped inside?

I guess the silicon crystal lattice really does help the harmonic input ... or is it germanium in this thing?

Unbelievable. For certain asking and getting are two doing things. Are they really gooped inside?

Yup. The guy really didn't want others to copy his work. It only got cloned once the pedal hackers at freestompboxes.org pooled enough money to buy one and degooped it. After that the secret was out and a million Klon(e)s were launched from the FSB released schematic. Frankly I'm amazed that anyone still wants to buy one at those exhorbitantly high prices, as you can really build your own Klon(e) for less then $50.

But that goes with a lot of vintage pedals that are famous for their socalled 'mojo'. The belief that the builder used rare unobtainium parts and that original pedals have special mojo is what fuels the insanity on places like The Gear Page. Which is why its a silly place.

I guess the silicon crystal lattice really does help the harmonic input ... or is it germanium in this thing?

The clipping diodes were germanium. According to the maker some special kind of unicorn diodes that he bought the entire world supply of, so none of the cloners could make theirs sound like his. So there! Of course since the special sauce of the Klon(e) was as a clean boost the clipping diodes hardly mattered at all. And the guys at Buildyourownclone measured these unicorn diodes and have since said that the Russin D9E will do the trick.

I'll give the creator of the Klon one big thumbs up though, at least he built something that wasn't yet another tubescreamer. With a few mods to it. Kudos for that!

..... I've gotta have it. Low number and everything.

I'm still dazzed by the regular asking price for these things. Are people REALLY this stupid ?

I'm still dazzed by the regular asking price for these things. Are people REALLY this stupid ?
Most guitarists will gladly pay a premium for something that is popularly regarded as cool. Because most guitarists don't want to look ignorant and can't afford to look uncool.

Last edited:
Kirk is not amused

Fixed it for ya...

Klahn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom